Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
wisdomace

Blocking unwanted calls

Does anybody know how to do this
Ive tried *60

Nothing works?
VZ Says its doesnt know how to do it

the web page of VZ describes the above process

Im stuck

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: Blocking unwanted calls

The calling features can all be described at http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/8B2E3FA7-2BF5-4B17-B2F5-E3DA2D6BF604/0/VZERSE_611_... 

Call block is referenced on page 6 describing how to use the *60

If you are FIOS Digital voice, then you would need to login to www.verizon.com/fiosvoice. Once logged in click on "calling features" Under incoming call block you can add numbers there.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor
alsodisgusted
0 Kudos

If most of the unwanted calls are from solicitors then sign up for the national do not call list.

Contributor
MsBlaque3
0 Kudos

I just found out TODAY that they no longer offer the service. It took me over 1 hour searching their website for this feature..... Just to make sure I was doing it right ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE......  I originally had the service before I moved to another apartment.  I called the Verizon Tech Support last week and they told me that they would have the matter resolved before Tuesday. It is now Thursday!!!! AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING. 

It would have been nice if ALL OF THEIR PEOPLE IN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICE AND TECH SUPPORT WOULD KNOW THIS....."THEIR COMPANY DOESN'T HAVE THIS FEATURE ANYMORE" instead of promising me that the problem would be resolved and I can check back 4 days later!!!!! :-p

how is works is you hit *60 and then you have the option to BLOCK the last number of the person that called you or you can enter the number that you would like to be blocked.  You have up to 10 telephone numbers you can block.  You can also unblock the same any number that you have blocked on your list. 

Contributor
ythoosier
0 Kudos

Your website reference doesn't work.  There are no links on this page.

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/phone/calling+features/call+block/call+block.htm

Call Block

You can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features

Contributor
HHBB

"Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

This is so frustrating.  These days, most calls are from outside our local calling area.  The one phone number I want to block is, of course, a long distance one.  Fortunately, I will not have a Verizon land line for much longer.

Also, I agree with other posts in this forum about not being able to contact anyone at Verizon.  Not only impossible, but maddening.  Their response to my previous attempts to contact them was a letter in the mail thanking me for contacting them and a sales pitch to buy more services from them.  No thanks.

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs

I did find a product that says it will block 100% all calls that you don't want, but it's $100.00. Privacy corps caller Id manager. I haven't used it myself, but if you reallllly want something to do that, then give it a try. Cheaper than call block in the long run and more full featured. Probably pay for itself inside the year
Contributor
JoanHandy
0 Kudos

How can I block unwanted calls?

Copper Contributor
zig29

[ Edited ]

Land line providers need to understand that one of the main reasons that more and more customers are ditching their land line is not just because of cost, but because of JUNK CALLS THAT WE CAN'T STOP.  I'm *this* close to pulling the plug on the land line and going cell-only.  It won't really save us money, but it will eliminate 95% of the JUNK phone calls.  That's more important to me and if the land line telephone industry doesn't understand that, they will keep losing more business and people get sick and tired of all the phone spam!

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411