Caller ID not identifying caller's name since switching to Digital Voice
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

We switched to Digital Voice last week and about 90% of the time our caller ID just shows "Unknown Name" with the phone number rather than the caller's name (on both our phone and the TV). I know these callers have their names on the caller ID because they showed up correctly before we switched to digital and they still show up correctly when the call simultaneously rings on my cell phone (not Verizon).

Is there a way to fix this or is this a known issue with the Digital Voice?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID not identifying caller's name since switching to Digital Voice
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I ran into the same problem.  Do you have FIOS TV?

I'm not home and in front of my STB but under customer support there is caller - id In Home Agent or something like that.  Run that and hopefully it will fix your issue.  It worked for me.

Jim

0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't fix the problem. Have been in touch with Tech support to see if they can figure it out.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@planofiosuser wrote:

We switched to Digital Voice last week and about 90% of the time our caller ID just shows "Unknown Name" with the phone number rather than the caller's name (on both our phone and the TV). I know these callers have their names on the caller ID because they showed up correctly before we switched to digital and they still show up correctly when the call simultaneously rings on my cell phone (not Verizon).

Is there a way to fix this or is this a known issue with the Digital Voice?

Thanks for any help!

I don't know what the problem with your service may be, but IMO it is NOT a general problem with Digital Voice. I switched from Verizon POTS to Digital Voice last Nov. when I renewed my triple play, and I really can't see any difference in whether the name shows on Caller ID or not. Some names do, some don't, the percentage does not seem to have changed at all. And at least with Digital Voice I have been able to block some of the annoying calls that I should not be getting anyway due to being on the national do not call list - I think I need a 50 or 100 number list instead of the 10 Verizon allows Smiley Sad

It will be interesting if you do find out what the problem is; please be sure to come back and tell us if you do get a fix. Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We just got word that your ticket was complete, has the issue been resolved ? ^MMP

0 Likes