Caller ID
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

Caller ID shows Not Available Out of Area for all calls outside my area code.  How do I show those calls?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Theres nothing that you can do to show them. You are getting that message because the ID's were not set to public. If they were showing their information to people, even if they are out of the calling area it would still show up.

0 Likes
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon Freedom Essentials on the line that will not show any phone #'s.  I tried a different phone thinking it was the phone but get same  name not avalibale out of area.  Yet I have another line (different phone #) that I have in my home which I pay for caller id separately and I get the phone#'s on that phone from the same company.  I believe it is in the phone package not in the phone or the company that is calling.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Judy10 wrote:

I have Verizon Freedom Essentials on the line that will not show any phone #'s.  I tried a different phone thinking it was the phone but get same  name not avalibale out of area.  Yet I have another line (different phone #) that I have in my home which I pay for caller id separately and I get the phone#'s on that phone from the same company.  I believe it is in the phone package not in the phone or the company that is calling.

I too have seen strange things from time to time. Like my cell phone calling home, and showwing not available, but showing the number. Then I call back and it shows bit name and number. It could be my cell phone provider not always sending the information because of some type of glitch, or it could be Verizon. Hard to nail that one down.

If your caller ID feature is not working at all for the line, I would say it is a line issue. I know Freedom Essentials should have caller ID enabled. Since it is constantly displaying out of area for all calls, it seems that the feature is enabled, but not working.

0 Likes
Judy102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have called Tech Support and they have a repair ticket issued for this.  We will see what happens.

0 Likes