Calling the UK with digital voice (guide didn't seem to work)
Squidmaster

I am trying to place a call to the customer support for a UK company.  I found the verizon instructions for how to place international calls, as well as the rate for calling the UK (8 cents per minute).  Unfortunately, when I tried to place the call, I got a message that the number I dialed is not in service.  Can I get some help with this.

Here is what I dialed:

011 (dial out of US) 44 (UK country code) {edited for privacy} (phone number of support)

Put together I typed in {edited for privacy}.  What did I do wrong?

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Re: Calling the UK with digital voice (guide didn't seem to work)
tns
Master - Level 2

08 is the rate if you are on a international plan.  If not the basic rate is way higher.

0 Likes
Squidmaster

Is there a link to the regular pricing?  Even if it is prohibitive I still want to know how to place the call just so I have the knowledge.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

They seem to be trying to make it hard to see.  Should be at

http://www22.verizon.com/home/phone/international/  click then on basic international rate http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Phone/International/BasicInternationalRates/,  but when I just tried that a garbled page came back.  The numbers I got yesterday where practically designed to make sure you would chose a plan instead.

0 Likes
Squidmaster

Thanks for the pricing link.  The call I was contemplating would not have been worth it at those rates, but I still want to know where I went wrong.  I have a friend in Wales with whom I share a serious illness, and I want to be able to call there without having to figure it out first if there is a need.

<edit> Aw, come on, it edited the phone number out of my posts?  It's a public company number!  If what shows up is not enough to be able to lend a hand, let me know what I can change about it to make it show up enough to show the potential problem.  The parts that should have been the keys are still showing up at least.

0 Likes