Calls being made from my phone every night
hazeleys59

Every evening my phone calls out to 8888240833.  My phone makes the call.  I  checked my call list and everyday at 9:39 - 9:41 pm, my phone dials that number!  What is that about?  I called and reported it to Verizon but it still happens.  Last night I was on the phone at 9:40 pm and I heard my phone dialing while I was talkiing to a friend.  It creeped me out, I thought someone was in the house on another phone trying to call out.  I checked my call list this morning and sure enough, at 9:40 pm, while I was on the phone, my phone was trying to dial the 8888240833.  Anyone else have this happen?  Check your call records.  I know I would like an answer and Verizon sure won't give it to me.

0 Likes
Re: Calls being made from my phone every night
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you heard the dialing while you were on the phone, they it most likely is a piece of equipment in your house.

Track down every thing you have connected to the phone line.  Don't forget about alarm systems, fax machines, computers, DVRs and other equipment that you may have forgotten is connected to the phone line.  Then, check and see if they have any settings that cause them to dial out at 9:40pm.  If you can't find the settings, unplug everything except for one plain old phone.  If the problem goes away, then you know it's something in your home.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
JerryTech1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most likley it's an alarm system testing its central station connection.

This is only required on commercial fire alarms, to report every 24 hours.

On residentials we use a weekly / monthly programmed test interval.

The number it's calling sounds like my alarms reciever.

0 Likes
JerryTech1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, FYI if it is an alarm & you can hear it dialing out, then it is hooked up wrong & not secure.

0 Likes