• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
harrydeem
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can you help me program my voicemail access

I'll just throw this out there. There may be hope yet.

We've had voicemail from the phone company for I'd say about 15 years. Now I need to reprogram the access number because our region has changed over from 7-digit local dialing to 10-digit dialing. I've got this neat sleek little speakerphone with the big flasher button used to access the voicemail system. The device is as old as our voicemail. It's a "Bell Atlantic AC-150". It has the usual buttons, 0-9, * and #; and it has the access button, as stated. On the side is a little switch with two positions, "PROG" and "OFF". I imagine I need to set that to the PROG position in order to reprogram my voicemail access number to 10-digit format. But I don't have the original instructions, argghh! I've tried everything I could think of, using * and/or # before the access number, after the access number. Just not sure. Nothing seems to work. And I thought I was a first rate geek. Unh-uh!

Please: if anyone dates back that awful far into the past, remind me how this is done. Many earnest thanks in advance!

ElizabethS
0 Kudos

Re: Can you help me program my voicemail access

[ Edited ]

Hi there

Have you tried Verizon's FAQ page on Voice Mail?   If that doesn't have what you need, there is always the support contact page where you will find a quick link for Home Voice Mail under the "Phone" section.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-24-2009 03:12 PM
Copper Contributor
harrydeem
0 Kudos

Re: Can you help me program my voicemail access

FAQ wouldn't have info about a 15-year old device that Bell Atlantic was peddling as an accessory when mailbox service was offered 15 or more years ago. But okay, I just found the key. It through me off because the unit has built-in speakerphone. But the PROG function only works if the receiver is physically off the hook, I've just found. Simply switch to PROG, pick up the receiver, dial the mailbox access number (which truly connects because your line is live), then put the little programming switch back to OFF.

Thanks!

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411