Cant make or receive calls......again........... for the ?5th time this year.
baf265
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Support Board Members,

Can someone please explain why my phone line is experiencing these intermittant service outages?

I live in a townhoue with no access to the NID

I have a cordless phone on a regular landline

I have had no phone service since Monday afternoon.

My phone rang once around 6 PM then immediately cut off. I assumed the caller disconnected and didn't think much of the incident until Tuesday morning when I tried to make a phone call.  The LCD screen said "line in use" I thought my son had the phone off the hook, but it wasn't.  So I unplugged the phone from the electrical outlet and disconnected the phone plug......waited a few minutes and reconnected everythingand.....N O T H I N G.   This happened last week, but it 'repaired' itself within 24hrs.  No such luck this weekSmiley Mad  I tried the troubleshooting tips and requested repair.  The FIRST AVAILABLE appointment was in 13 days?  Are you seroius?  Will I receive a refund for 13 days of no service?

Come on Verizon! This has happened many times on my line.  STOP treating the symptoms; find the root of the problem and solve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours truly,

Desperately Seeking Service

0 Likes
Re: Cant make or receive calls......again........... for the ?5th time this year.
buggo

Do you have satellite service?  Same thing happened to me and one of my Direct TV recievers was tying up the phone line for no good reason.  Reset the satellite box and problem went away.

0 Likes
Re: Cant make or receive calls......again........... for the ?5th time this year.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It could be a short circuit inside or outside but without a NID no way to know. Also like the other poster stated could be another device such as satellite, alarm system, computer modem or fax machine.

0 Likes
baf265
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO, I don't have DSL or anything els connected to the phone line.  Now (8 days later) the noise is gone and the line is just 'dead'

I hooked up a corded phone to the line and got the same results.  A phone repreentative at Verizon Repair Call Center was unable to help me  and unwilling to explain why the repair would take so long.  She said she would forward my problem to a supervisor who would cal within 24 hrs.  Guess what....... it's been 168 hrs(7 days) and I'm still waiting for that supervisor to call!

I'm at the end of my rope... Woman Sadhas anyone had any experience with phone service from your cable company; vonage, other alternatives?  I'm tired of paying all this money for the quality of service that I am receiving.

How about anyone who uses their cellphone as their only phone service?  What are the pros and cons?

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have copper voice service or FIOS voice service?

0 Likes
Bots

I've experienced similar calling problems with my voice service. Prior to getting FIOS installed, the account had "rotary" (pulse) voice service delivered from the pole via a copper drop. After the Verizon tech installed the new FIOS service, the TV and internet seemed to work without a problem; unfortunately the voice service has been a disaster. Since late June, the voice connectivity has been intermittant, often dropping out in the middle of a call. There have been times when it has been out for days.....Follow-up testing of the interior copper (station) wiring as well as exterior fiber (service) cabling and FIOS equipment did not identify any issues. In the latest attempt to fix the problem, Verizon replaced the exterior fiber LCIT device. To-date, nothing has improved the reliability of the voice service.

One thing I did notice is that the phone sets (all are relatively new) will only work if their switches are set to "pulse"; they won't work properly if they are set to "tone". What happens when these switches are in the "tone" position and one picks-up the handset to dial, the dial tone tone is heard along with the button-tone sounds, but the call does not go through and then the dial tone immediately returns. However if the switches are set to "pulse", the phones are able to place calls without any issues (aside from the click, click dialing sounds); the problem with this solution is that there is not any "tone" functionality available to access FIOS voice-mail options.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem ?? Perhaps something in Verizon's switching or the initial FIOS programming set-up ??

Thanks-

0 Likes
baf265
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  technician found no problem with the outside line yesterday.  Unfortunately, no one was home to let him in to check the inside wiring(received voicemail message only 20 min before arrival!!!!)

HEY VERIZON HONCHOS!!!

SOME PEOPLE DO WORK FOR A LIVING AND CAN'T AFFORD TO SUSPEND THEIR LIVES FOR 10-15 DAYS.

Guess what....they CLOSED the repair ticket!  So when I got home & my line was still out of order, I had to make another repair request.   First available appointment is in 13 daysWoman Mad

((((SIGH)))) 'nuf said

0 Likes
baf265
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I have copper voice service.  I don't have FiOS, and the telephone poles drop the phone lines to a box on the edge of my housing development.

0 Likes
NOTHAPPY2

at least i only have to wait 5 days.....with no other phone that works in the house if there is an emergency there is no way to call for help!

0 Likes
baf265
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. I am so grateful you had no emergencies during your service outage.

2. I am amazed at how (well?) we have adjusted to no landline service!  I still come home everyday

& check the phone for a dialtone....and then I just move on. 

Too bad (for me) that I used my landline

number on ALL the resumes I sent out for the past 2.5 weeks.   NO PROBLEMO!  If any potential

employers tried to reach me & all they got was a busy signal, they probably thought  I wasn't interested in  their open position!!!!!!!!

Smiley WinkOne benefit of this extended service outage---------I am more inclined to cancel the

landline & just get by with the cell phone.............Uh wait.....................

I've got Verizon Wireless!!!!!!!!!    (((ragging)))

0 Likes