Care more
nephos

Here's how this has progressed.

Problem: Poor cell phone reception at my house.

1. I signed up for FiOS with home phone service in order to have a way to talk on the phone at my house.

2. The new phone is constantly bombarded with tele-marketers.  The service is horrible (faint sounds and voice pickup).

3. Tech support could not fix the problem.  2 calls did not fix the problem.

4. In the mean time, I attempted to combine my wireless and FiOS onto one bill.  I'm told that's not possible.  Is VZ really just one company?

5. Also in the mean time, I attempt to get a Government Employee discount on my residential service.  I've enjoyed one on my wireless service ever since I've had a cell phone thanks to the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act.  I made 2 attempts online, through my .mil address and ultimately on the phone with the company.  No resolution.  I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

6. Since the phone doesn't work, I wanted to save a little money and just disconnect the service.  I should have read the fine print though.  I was charged $220 to disconnect this service.

Conclusion: I should have left well enough alone and stuck with Time Warner Cable and suffered through the bad cell phone reception at my house.

I assume that there is no resolution to any of this.  I looked for a way to provide the company with feedback but there didn't appear to be any.  At the very least, maybe this can serve as a warning to other unsuspecting people thinking about switching to more VZ service.  At least in this part of California, less is definitely better.

0 Likes
Re: Care more
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nephos,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Care more
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

It seems like we have answered all these questions and you don't have any further questions due to no other replies from you in your private support case. Please feel free to make a new post any time you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes