Changed Plan to Freedom Essentials But Charges Are Much More
jen726

Hi everyone.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 10+ years now, but have recently started to run into problems when changing my plan

After setting up the switch, I was told my Verizon Freedom Essentials Plan would cost me $54.99 (not including taxes but this total cost did include my internet access as it would be bundled together).  The sales agent was laughing because it was actually $2 cheaper than what I had been paying for years.

I get my first bill in the mail today.  I am a bit nervous because I got it Saturday after their call center in closed.  So I have to wait until Monday.

I know taxes are separate (not even including them).

I know that there are partial month charges (also not even including them).

What I am a focusing on is my "Current Charges,” here is what it says:

Verizon Freedom Essentials - $49.99 (not what I was quoted)

Internet 768k to 1Mbps -  $29.99 (I WAS paying $21.99).

Bundle Discount - $5.

Even if you take the bundle discount and deduct that from my internet, I am still paying $3 more than I was before. 

I am more concerned about the phone calling itself.  Why is it $49.99?  I haven't changed my phone plans or internet plans in forever and I am just not sure what to do.

I will be calling them Monday morning, but what are the chances of me getting this fixed?  I cannot and will not pay $74.99 (plus $25 dollars in taxes).  I was told $54.99 for Freedom Essentials PLUS my internet.  The $74 amount is something I would expect AFTER taxes had been applied, but not before!

If they will not honor the price I was originally told.  I wasn't even quoted either.  It was (after being on the phone 45 minutes - "Alright Jennifer, we are all set and you will be up and running and ready to make long distance calls in 24 hours.  Your final price for this package is $54.99, not including applicable taxes and surcharges)

Am I allowed to go back to my previous plan/pricing without any fees for changing my plan?  Can I quit Verizon all-together and opt for Time Warner cable since they didn't upload their end of the bargain?

0 Likes
Re: Changed Plan to Freedom Essentials But Charges Are Much More
BeenDefrauded

Was this on FIOS?  You might have been sold something called a "copper" phone line but in reality you were only provided with digital service.  Let me know.

0 Likes
Mattie4

I agree.  I did the same as you.  You bill will get even higher.  Verizon customer service is terrible and if you try deducting services such as voice mail or wire maintenance to reduce your bill, it will really go up.  Except for one month, I have been a verizon customer over 50 years.  If I ever find an alternative to verizon, I will definitely take it.  You cannot win with them, and you cannot trust what they tell you.

0 Likes
Mattie4

BTW, Freedom Essentials is supposed to include internet service and long distance.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes