• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
jen726
0 Kudos

Changed Plan to Freedom Essentials But Charges Are Much More

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 10+ years now, but have recently started to run into problems when changing my plan

After setting up the switch, I was told my Verizon Freedom Essentials Plan would cost me $54.99 (not including taxes but this total cost did include my internet access as it would be bundled together).  The sales agent was laughing because it was actually $2 cheaper than what I had been paying for years.

I get my first bill in the mail today.  I am a bit nervous because I got it Saturday after their call center in closed.  So I have to wait until Monday.

I know taxes are separate (not even including them).

I know that there are partial month charges (also not even including them).

What I am a focusing on is my "Current Charges,” here is what it says:

Verizon Freedom Essentials - $49.99 (not what I was quoted)

Internet 768k to 1Mbps -  $29.99 (I WAS paying $21.99).

Bundle Discount - $5.

Even if you take the bundle discount and deduct that from my internet, I am still paying $3 more than I was before. 

I am more concerned about the phone calling itself.  Why is it $49.99?  I haven't changed my phone plans or internet plans in forever and I am just not sure what to do.

I will be calling them Monday morning, but what are the chances of me getting this fixed?  I cannot and will not pay $74.99 (plus $25 dollars in taxes).  I was told $54.99 for Freedom Essentials PLUS my internet.  The $74 amount is something I would expect AFTER taxes had been applied, but not before!

If they will not honor the price I was originally told.  I wasn't even quoted either.  It was (after being on the phone 45 minutes - "Alright Jennifer, we are all set and you will be up and running and ready to make long distance calls in 24 hours.  Your final price for this package is $54.99, not including applicable taxes and surcharges)

Am I allowed to go back to my previous plan/pricing without any fees for changing my plan?  Can I quit Verizon all-together and opt for Time Warner cable since they didn't upload their end of the bargain?

Copper Contributor
BeenDefrauded
0 Kudos

Re: Changed Plan to Freedom Essentials But Charges Are Much More

Was this on FIOS?  You might have been sold something called a "copper" phone line but in reality you were only provided with digital service.  Let me know.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411