Digital Voice/Call Log Not Loading On All STB's
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I just subscribed to FIOS Digital Voice.  When I try to launch Digital Voice from one of my STB's I get a message stating that there was a network error or that it is unavailable at this time.  I can launch Digital Voice from one of my other STB's with minimum problems.  I have tried running diagnostics on the particular STB and have also rebooted it but still get the same messages.  Is the Digital Voice supposed to be able to be viewed on all STB's?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice/Call Log Not Loading On All STB's
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

We just got digital voice and the same network error message appears many times. If I do it several times, it finally works. But this happens on all the STBs so I think there is a problem Verizon has to solve. Maybe they need a Troubleshoot like they put with Caller ID on the TV. No sense in having it if it only works some times. Also going from Caller Logs to Voicemail doesn't work even if the Caller Log has worked or vice versa. They have had this feature for some time as I did a google search for it and found it has been in operation for some time. Maybe if more people complained they would work on fixing it, but I have a feeling many don't use it or just give up.

Holly

0 Likes
LanceBabe

We got signed up for Digital Voice two weeks ago WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE and know absolutely nothing about it.  So with Digital Voice, we're supposed to be able to see our calls on our tv?

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, you can also listen to your voicemails, when it's working. Go to Menu on your remote. Go down the menu by pressing the arrow under OK until you reach Fios Digital Voice. Then press OK and wait a few seconds and you will see launching digital voice and Call Log, Voicemail and two other items will appear, if it's working correctly. If it says network error or not available now repeat the process until you get the list of call logs, voicemail,etc. If you get the voicemail list, you can highlight that voicemail and press OK and you will hear the voicemail. It doesn't always work. If you have the internet you can also see your list of calls and listen to voicemails there too. I haven't set that up as I think you need to to download a plug in to listen to the voicemails there.

I guess you know you can get Caller ID on your TV too as you could with the regular landline phone.

In case you want to read about the features of Fios Digital Voice go to the following link on the internet to read the Fios Digital Guide.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/phone/homephone/general+support/fios+voice+service/call...

The link for the pdf Fios Digial Voice Guide is at the bottom of the page.

Holly

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Today Digital Voice is again working. It evidently was something Verizon had to do to fix it as I had suspected. Also I just found out that only TVs with HD STBs will let you hear the voicemails. We have two HD STBs and two standard STB boxes, and I hadn't tried listening on the standard ones until today. There is a message on the TV screen that you can view the voicemail log on standard STBs but you can't listen to them. I hope this information is helpful.

Holly

0 Likes