Digital Voice problems
encom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to see if anybody out there has a clue to the following:

• There have been some occasions where I would call home and get a busy signal, even though we have call waiting. 

• I would hang up and call back and get my mobile phone''s voice mail -- we are on Virgin mobile.  I've looked at the digital voice settings and have found that option set to disabled. 

• Additionally, there are occasions where we can receive calls, but all outbound calls ring and get answered, but I can't hear them.  I called when this happened and the person on the phone found no problems.  It auto-magically fixed itself. 

Very strange.

If anybody has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice problems
encom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happened again today.  Wife called me on my mobile.  Mobile dropped the call.  I called her back on a landline and it rang busy.  I called three times before it finally rang.  **bleep**?

0 Likes
PMK4

Switched over to Verizon digital voice 2 days ago from their regular phone service--looking to save a few bucks. Nothing but a nightmare. Techs have not been able to solve the problem. When people call our number, they get a recording saying that the phone number has been disconnected. It does not happen with every call so it is intermittent. Sometimes the person will call 3 times in a row and get the disconnected recording, and then other times the call will go through fine from that same number

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@PMK wrote:

Switched over to Verizon digital voice 2 days ago from their regular phone service--looking to save a few bucks. Nothing but a nightmare. Techs have not been able to solve the problem. When people call our number, they get a recording saying that the phone number has been disconnected. It does not happen with every call so it is intermittent. Sometimes the person will call 3 times in a row and get the disconnected recording, and then other times the call will go through fine from that same number

0 Likes
PMK4

Thanks Ornahp,

I would love it if SOMEONE from verizon would call me back. After 4 calls with 4 different techs and one who promised someone would call back...well...I am very exasperated and frustrated. 2 hours ago I called customer service to just switch  back on our old phone service with Verizon (no more digital voice) and the CS rep said she had to figure out how to do it. She'd call back iwithin the  hour...please, please, please let someone, anyone from Verizon get in touch. 

0 Likes
danhummel

Seems like Verizon customer service would rather hide the problem by going private rather than actually fixing the problem.

0 Likes