Digital Voice voicemail issues
techgeek_ny

For the past 2 weeks or so I have been having a voicemail issue that I thought was one issue but now I am not sure.  I have notifications set so when I get a voicemail I get an email with the vm attached and also a text message.  Recently when I check my vm on my phone via the attachment it sounds very garbled and robotic so I thought my line was messed up.  I just tested it more thoroughly and have found the following:

1.  My line is fine for a live phone call.  I hear people fine and they hear me fine.

2. When I check the voicemail via the phone it sounds fine and clear

3.  When I check the vm via the Verizon website it is clear

4.  When I check the voicemail via the email attachment on the computer it sounds clear.

So the problem appears to be only when I check the voicemail via the email attachment on my phone that it sounds garbled.  I have been using it like that for a while and only recently have I been having problems.  I tried to save the attachment and then play it thinking it was a network issue but same thing.  Is there some problem or something I can do so when I check my vm via my phone email attachment it is clear like all the other ways are?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice voicemail issues
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no garbling when you listen to the attachment via a computer, so its being sent out clear. I can't say what's going on with the playback from your phone. Only thing I could think of is there's a problem with specific file types on your phone. You might get a better response from posting this question on your wireless carriers customer forum.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice voicemail issues
techgeek_ny

This used to work fine on my phone up until recently.  I guess I was wondering if there was any changes made on the VZ side.

0 Likes