Re: FILE COMPLAINT
1customer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has been unable to provide consistent phone service, and the "supervisor" was less than helpful. Four phone outages in three weeks, each time asked to check everything in the house to no avail, then the dial tone magically appears after something happens at the central office, and each time having to stay home to wait for a repair person. The "supervisor" gave me the run-around, and claimed there was no other supervisor or higher authority, that he was the only supervisor. How do I contact the Consumer Protection Agency? Cable is looking better when compared to worse service. What other options do I have?

0 Likes
traluvsfrogs

You are soooo RIGHT!!! I called about my internet because I was told I had to have a home phone added to continue services.  I was also told the internet and phone would be approx.$50/month. Well that was false because my internet is double that!!! Plus I don't even have phone service because none of my outlets work! $100/month is ridiculous for dsl internet and a landline, especially as slow as it is.  Another thing, I have the protection Iinsurance that I also pay every month and I called because something was wrong with my laptop.  I was on the phone for over an hour and a half because they told me I had a virus and they tried fixing it, but couldn't. So now I have a very slow computer. I was told when I added the protection that my computers would be protected, so how did i get a virus and why didn't they fix it? I am definitely going to shop around for better service and I am sure it won't be$100/month! 

0 Likes
Travis10

This company is full of the laziest group of people.  Unless they are working to gouge you for money, then they will send bills for some arbitrary amount that you must pay.  Horrible Service!

0 Likes
KKP2

You are definitely not alone.  I had the worst experience I've ever had with Customer Service today.  I got transferred six times, five of those representatives were zero help and one quite rude.  The one that actually knew what she was doing and explained the situation to me, accidentally transferred me the sixth time to the rudest customer service agent I ever had the misfortune to talk with.  My whole problem stemmed from Verizon's Billing not noting that the equipment (cable boxes, wireless modems, remotes) I sent back in December 2013.  I was notified by collection I owed $1254.00 even though Verizon got ALL their equipment back.  I even had the UPS receipt, I should've known when the UPS rep was like make sure you keep that receipt because Verizon has a habit of charging you for the equipment even though they received it.  But they first tranferred me to billing who stated they couldn't see my account because they sent it to collections (Verizon's error), so she transferred me to Finance.  Finance confirmed that they did receive the equipment but that billing had to update it before they could help with the collections department expungement.  So, they transferred me back to Billing again where I had to explain it once more, where she put me on hold and actually transferred me again.  And finally I possibly get someone who knows what she's talking about and she puts me hold and  then the rudest agent I've ever dealt with before entered the line. His name was Austin by the way.  The one agent was able to explain the process of the equipment after the customer sends it back.  Even though I sent the equipment with the label they provided on 4 Dec and they received it at the warehouse on 5 Dec, the warehouse is responsible for sending the equipment to the appropriate departments which could be 30 to 60 days later.  And Billing doesn't annotate the date the warehouse receives it but the date the appropriate agency does, now what kind of sense does that make.  This can cause them to bill you and forward it to collections even though they know that they received it at the warehouse.  They have no qualms about destorying someone's credit because they can't keep their systems communicating.  But anyhoo, now that I've lost complete confidence in Verizon, I will continue to have to follow up with them.  Because each time I would get "you don't owe anything", "I can't see your account because it's in collections (even though three out of six of them could)", "there is nothing we can do".  I even asked to speak with a supervisor and was told it'll be a 45 minute wait.  I said, okay, I'll wait.  Then he said, well he's in a meeting.  The only saving grace is that I didn't give my account information or my name  to that particular rep because no telling what he would do with someone's information.  But just needed to rant with others who have experienced the nightmare it seems I've just embarked on.  Hope your situation was resolved, I have a feeling mine will take forever.  It's amazing that the customer follows instructions to the "T" but yet it's their responsibility to clean up the mess...so much for customer satisfaction.  Before this experience I thought Verizon was the best, my opinion has now since changed to the worst.  Also when I asked about  a complaint system, I was given a POB, so maybe I'll have to complain to FCC.  Thanks for the letting me vent.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
KataG1

Well Lawrence, dealing with Verizon is a nightmarish experience anyway you look at it.......

I am over 50 years old and the two worst customer service experiences that I ever had came from Verizon (number one) and United Airlines, right after their latest merge with another airline.  Monopolies and lack of competitors have always been detrimental to customers, and will continue being.  It baffles me how even federal agencies get millions of complaints against these companies and do nothing about it, well........maybe because they see them as strategic resources, while us are screwed.  We count very little in this game...... 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

KKP,

We have not heard back from you about this. If you have any questions please reach out to us.

Josh

0 Likes
LynneM2

I also need to file  complaint regarding agent promiced, but this concerns TV.

Back in appoximately Feb, I had called asing to have access to ALL pay per view turned off. I called last month when I had $97+ in renatl purchases on my bill. Last spring, I was NEVER told that I could block it myself, as I was a few weeks ago. They DO have a record of my calls requesting this feature NOT be icluded. The agent I spoke with assured me that Iwould be credited with ALL rental/purchases on my next bill after speaking with hs supervisor. SURPRISE! I never got the credit, so I called today apon receivig my bill. (btw, after talkingto the 1 agent that assured me of the credit, I was t/f'd to the tech's who helped me block the access, BUT when transfered back, it was a diffferent agent, who told me that he couldn't tell if "jerry" had entered the credit, hence for me to call if not credited.

I'm disbled, supporting 4 ppl on my $650/month SS. I was relieved when told the (now $100) would be credited to next bill & paid 1/2 my monthly income to pay the bill. WHY CAN AN AGENT PROMISEOMETHING THEY ASSURED ME THEIR SUPERVISOR APPOVED, make false promises?

After 7 years of service, Im gonna be forced to cancel your service (not b4 reporting this blatent lies to the BBB)..

ALL  because I was never informed, when I called 5 months ago just HOW to turn it off. The agent THEN assure me they would d/c all pay per view THEN.

Bait & switch with false assurances whist never telling the customer the a service they'd been assured, was canceled (falsehood #1),then the agent that assure me I would be credited on next bill (#2).

If ANY agent can take care of this, I REALLY don't want to switch (even tho it would be MUCH cheaper. Im just asking for the assure credit I was promised, to be delivered.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello LynneM

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes