• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
NYCer
0 Kudos

FIOS Digital Voice- adding 2nd phone line

I have Fios digital voice and I want to add a second phone line. My verizon ONT box (inside my apartment) has phone jacks labelled "L1" and "L2". My existing phone is plugged into L1. After I order a 2nd line from verizon, I presume that I can just plug a 2nd phone into "L2" and it would work. Is that correct? The phone rep asked me if I have wiring for a 2nd line, but does that matter for digital voice if I am just plugging the phone directly into the ONT box and not into any wall outlets.

Thanks for your help!

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: FIOS Digital Voice- adding 2nd phone line

That is correct. You can just plug a phone directly into the second line port of the ONT and it will work just fine.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools