FIOS Digital Voice
Tee-time

Have tried to use FIOS digital voice mail features numerous time since switching to Verizon 4 months ago.  Of the 30 or so attempts to retrieve a voice mail from my home phone line thru the Verizon portal, it has worked only once.  Extremely long delays in the player loading, then an error message or two, a refresh or two and then it just sits there, looking like you can click the play button, but when you do - nothing.  For minutes!  I use a Macbook air that is about 7 month old, and a high speed broadband connection.

My old Cox service, while the web user interface looked comical somewhat like a kindergarden class art project, the features were robust and worked every time.  Retrieved voice mail anywhere and everywhere over the internet, plus it had the text conversion feature - the voice mail was converted into a text message and sent to my phone!  Really nice feature that Verizon does not have, but thought retreiveing VM messages over the web portal would be sufficient - but that feature does not work properly!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Fios Digital voice does have the ability to send email and text message notifications when a voice mail is received.  

This is found under voicemail settings/voicemail notifications.

I do not use a MAC so I cannot help you out there.  

Do you know you can listen to voice mail from your TV in addition to listening to VM on the phone?

Jim

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice
ChattyRobbie

I, too, have been unable to access visual voicemail since updating Java a month ago after being prompted by a message appearing on the voicemail page.  Now when I click on a voicemail message link, it loads as if it will play but nothing happenes when I click the play button. Please post whether you've been able to get your voicemail to play. I use an iMac.

0 Likes