Fios Digital Voice ... Collect calls ????? Seriously need help :( ASAP
dsmith4ever

I need someone's help , I really need to accept collect calls from a Correctional Facility in Ca.. However when I called Verizon the tech told me point blank that because I have the digital voice plan I can NOT accept collect calls PERIOD... I have tried to set up a pre- paid account Through ( Global-tel-link)  and was unsuccessful because VERIZON has a collect call/ third party billing block
!!!!!

I am so frustrated !!!!! Please help me ....

Danielle

0 Likes
Re: Fios Digital Voice ... Collect calls ????? Seriously need help :( ASAP
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you give him a prepaid card then that should work, but I know in the Fios digital voice terms of service, it states flat out no third party or collect calls.  so the only way around that, other than a prepaid calling card, is to call Verizon and have them switch you off fios digital voice to regular fios voice.  

0 Likes
dsmith4ever
Yeah I pretty much came to that conclusion last night .... It just makes me soo mad that at no time during the time that you set up or select service does anyone tell u this !!!! I have tried to set up a pre-paid account that would have nothing to do with Verizon and the message still says my service provider has a block... That's for the prison !!! But I am able to use my credit card to pre-pay for collect calls through the same company ( Global tel link ) and I can accept calls from west valley detention center !!! It doesn't make any sense at all to me !!!!
0 Likes
rk661

Just be VERY careful with collect calls (if you decide to switch your service to accept them).  I recently accepted a single collect call while my brother was in a hospital in Texas and my Verizon bill came today with almost $300.00 in collect call charges.  There was the initial call that I accepted which was $60.00 for 20 minutes!!!  Then the company billed me repeatedly for other calls that I never even answered!  When I had a family member call from a correctional facility years ago, I remember the calls costing me something like $50.00 each.  These companies should be required to inform you of the per minute or per call charges BEFORE you accept the call, but they don't have to.  And Verizon will tell you that you have to pay the charges no matter what!!!!

0 Likes