Fios Voice Mail problems
Rick6054

Hello,

I recently enrolled in Fios and now have difficulty with "Message Waiting" as shown on Caller ID screen.

The background info for two problems:

-I was on the phone the other evening and a incoming call had toned in. I could not interrupt the call I was currently engaged. "Message Waiting" was shown on my Caller ID screen. I tried many times to enter my FIOS account at {edited for privacy} and entered my password. The Fios recording than asks to press 1 or 0 for main menu. Pressing 1, I have no messages but then the Fios recording says I have two messages in mailbox one. I can't figure out how to access mailbox one to hear and delete these messages to clear the "Message Waiting" display.

-I currently am using a stand alone answering phone to retrieve messages which picks up on the fourth ring. Verizon Tech told me there would be a conflict because both Verizon Voice Mail and the stand alone phone answer on the same ring count. I need to know if I can still use the stand alone answering phone and have the Verizon Voice Mail pick up at  a greater ring count. That way I can use the stand alone phone to retrieve incoming phone messages and if that phone is in use, the Verizon Voice message will take the call. 

I have spoken with 3 Verizon Techs so far and have not received the answer for these questions. What a time waste... 😞

Please help.... Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Voice Mail problems
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes