Fios but no DV or TV caller ID
boomertg

I've had the Fios triple play since August.  At the time of installation neither Digital Voice or the caller ID function on my TV were available in my area (Woodbridge, VA).  At that time I was told that it would be no later than November.  I keep checking on the Verizon website but it still says that it's not available yet.

Does anyone know what the hold up is? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios but no DV or TV caller ID
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, I sent you a private message to get more details to answer this for you.  Please reply when you are able.

Thank you

0 Likes
Einride
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Mike.  Maybe you could do the same for me in DC.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you have the older ONT-610 it does not support DV and also may have issues with CID. Or it could be your location. It would be interesting to hear a public reason.

0 Likes
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently upgraded my bundle and when talking with the CSR I asked about Digital Voice as I currently have Freedom Essentials. I was told that as an existing customer there was no way for them to change my service to DV. I couldn't get an answer as to why this was, just that she couldn't do it. I really wasn't that upset about it as it is the phone, which I rarely use and I was getting a better price for my bundle. I was told that DV is only available to new customers. Maybe it has something to do with the ONT as another poster mentioned. I can't complain though. I have had Fios since 2007 and still would not even consider going back to Comcast. 

boomertg

Mike - Did you have any luck finding out anything?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

IF you have an older ONT-610 it will not allow the CSR to provide you with digital voice. Thus the new customer comment. If you upgrade to the Ultimate bundle and get your ONT upgraded, or somehow convince them to upgrade your ONT, DV will then be available. I had the 610x and it was not available, upgraded to Ultimate and the ONT was changed to the 612 and it became available. It is a known fact that DV is not available with the 610x ONT. I would have lost any special discounts I was given if I switched bundles again, so I stayed with POTS on FIOS.

0 Likes