Getting message to enter long distance access code when trying to dial long distance
Full

Can anyone tell me what the message "to enter the long distance access code" is all about.

My long distance provider do not require an access code, however when trying to call long distance, keep getting the same automatic message.

Help.

It use to not happen?

Why in the world did it start happening recently?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Getting message to enter long distance access code when trying to dial long distance
chemocurl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My guess is that somewhere along the line there has been a change made to your service.  The use of a   long distance access code is often used by residences with a lot of people in and out that have made or might make a bunch of long distance calls and run up a big bill.  It is a way for the customer in charge of the bill to control the bill and not have a bunch of LD charges made by others.

If the account is in 'your' name, I'd suggest you calling a representative...the number for service. or change of service...not repair..  If it is 'not' in your name, I would inquire about it with the person whose name is on the bill.

Sue...a retired phone person.

0 Likes