Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
FIOSCust
0 Kudos

HELP! I need my copper wire back!

WARNING!!!  Verizon  "upgraded" my standard copper wire phone service with a fiber optic line (FIOS) also.  I use to never lose phone service.  Since I "upgraded" to FIOS phone, I have lost service several times.  A couple times when my battery ran out and recently when lightning caused a problem with the battery (this got my internet also).  When I have requested adamantly that I be changed back to copper wire, they WON'T do it.  But a technician told me that in order to switch back to copper, Verizon only needs  to switch something in their computer system and then a technician would have to make a simple change outside the house to switch back.  But he also said "good luck in trying to have them do it".  So now I am stuck.  Do I need to change phone providers in order to get my reliable copper wire back?! 

Silver Contributor IV
Telcoguru
Device: Actiontec Rev I
Plan: FDV\75 down 75 up

Re: HELP! I need my copper wire back!

Switching back is very difficult once you're a fios customer. I've only heard of 2 customers that have been successful over the last 3 1/2 years. Both did a lot of complaining and made contact with upper managers at Verizon. Good luck and be persistent.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411