HELP!!! Verizon will not let me port my Verizon Landline to another service provider. HELP PLEASE
wgenechin
I have been a Verizon triple play customer for over 10 years and another local service provider will be less expensive by $35 per month for the same service. However, when the other service provider requested on my behalf that Verizon PORT over my landline that I have had for over 15 years ,,, Verizon refused. I have heard from other forum bloggers that service providers cannot legally with hold any request to port land lines away from them( in this case Verizon). I have read that service providers are mandated by law to comply to any request to PORT AWAY your landline number to a new provider and I have read examples where Verizon customers have filed FCC compliants in order to get Verizon to comply. I certainly would prefer not to go this route. Is there any one at Verizon who can provide me any assistance in achieving my objective to transfer my Verizon Landline to TW?? Many thanks for any help. Gene C.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP!!! Verizon will not let me port my Verizon Landline to another service provider. HELP PLEAS
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wgenechin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP!!! Verizon will not let me port my Verizon Landline to another service provider. HELP PLEAS
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wgenechin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes