How do I change My name in directory listings?
Brainodo

How do I get my name changed in the white page directory listings.  I am getting calls every day from debt collectors becase my last name is very common and my first name is abbreviated to one letter. I would like to have my full first and last name listed.

0 Likes
Re: How do I change My name in directory listings?
GARVIETTE

THE SPELLING OF MY LAST NAME IS CRAWFORD, NOT CRAWFORT.

0 Likes
PThespian

I am trying to change my name to my legal last name, instead of the name I use for business reasons. The account was always under that name until they unilaterally changed. it. They are asking for my Social Security number which I do not like to give out. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried to call Technical Support?

0 Likes
AAbidi

I have found that Verizon sales people are not trained to check the phonetic spellings of names, but are most focused on selling you services and closing a transaction.

On two different occasions---that is, in setting up phone service at two different addresses---they misspelt my name. In each instance I called multiple times, crossed out my name as it appeared on printed bills and corrected it, all to no avail.

This nationwide telephone provider has a habit of noting down names incorrectly (untrained sales force) and has no means of making corrections (incompetence, systems that don't work, ...).

0 Likes
AAbidi

There is another aspect to this that came to me as an unpleasant surprise.

When, with enough effort, Verizon did correct my name, they told me that the correction would appear in the phone directory 9 months from now, because the "phone book is updated once a year".

Therefore, for roughly one year from when I set up this account, anyone searching for my phone number by the correct spelling of my name will be unable to find me!

Thank you, Verizon.

0 Likes