How do I stop VCA emails for every incoming phone call
Usercwx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't want all these emails cluttering up my inbox. I get an email every time I get an incoming call. Short of uninstalling Call Assistant entirely, how can I stop the email notifications of every single incoming phone call? I have made sure my settings do NOT request email notifications or alerts but it doesn't affect my getting these emails for every phone call that comes in. See example below. I added the header information manually.

===========

-----Original Message-----
From: fiosadmin@verizon.com [mailto:fiosadmin@verizon.com]
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 6:05 PM
To: {edited for privacy}
Subject: Call from Sxxxx Txxxxxxxx(301-xx4-0xxx)

You have received a call from Sxxxxx Txxxxxxxx(301-xx4-0xxx)

===============

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:05:25 -0600 (CST)

To: {edited for privacy}

Message-ID: <1140427427.267112.1293836731378.JavaMail.root@vms182.mailsrvcs.net>

Subject: Call from Sxxxxx Txxxxxx(301-xx4-0xxx)

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-VZ-ContextID: 1001

X-VZ-CallerName: Sxxxxx Txxxxxx

X-VZ-TN: 301xxxxxxx

X-VZ-CallerTN: 301xxxxxxxx

X-VZ-OriginalArrivalTime: 12-31-2010 23:05:25

X-VZ-Message-Type: Telephony/Call

X-VZ-Message-ID: 455484922

Re: How do I stop VCA emails for every incoming phone call
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Its not a user controlled feature. You can't turn it on or off. Verizon can. Cal 888 483 5156
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I was told by tech support that emails from fiosadmin@verizon.com were controlled by Verizon and began getting sent to customers VZ_ID that is not the same as the primary Email account email address, but is the same mailbox. Verizon disabled the "Glitch" and now my VCA and TV Caller ID does not work. I was told the email notification that is entered in the VCA configuration is not the same as the VZ_ID. They stopped the Emails, now I have to bug them to fix what they broke. Don't want to be bothered right now. It is a pain to have something work and then someone breaks it.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes