I lose my dial tone when it rains, and trying to report it via the website just takes me in circles
Kirk11

Dear Verizon,

For several years now, heavy rains often cause me to lose telephone connectivity.  I lose my dial tone and can't receive any calls.  In fact, it's raining now, and my telephone isn't working.

I'd like to be able to report the problem via the website, but this forum seems to be the only way I can do that.  If I sign in, go to the troubleshooting Dashboard page, and try the "fix a problem" and "no dial tone" links ...

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Phone/fix.htm

https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Servicecad.aspx?ihaweb=NDTDEV

... I reach a "No Dial Tone" page with a "Next" button. Pressing that button takes me to the original Dashboard page ...

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Dashboard.htm#phone-service

... where I again have the same "fix a problem" and "no dial tone" links.  This is taking me around in circles, so there seems to be no way to actually report the problem.

Regards,

Kirk

(on dry days available at) {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: I lose my dial tone when it rains, and trying to report it via the website just takes me in circ
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kirk1,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative. Please visit Contact Us, or our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: I lose my dial tone when it rains, and trying to report it via the website just takes me in circ
kdk213

Our landline out for 5th time since April and yes it is raining.  Did the same thing, went to virtual assistant, NOT AVAILABLE, tried troubleshooter for no dial tone and hit next went back to start page....Did call a rep 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and now this 5th time, she ran a test on line and tried to tell me it was in our home wiring. It is not now nor has it been, went to interface in garage, the line is dead.  then they try to sell their wireless home phone system.  Say the lines and equipment for the landline too old to fix.  Very frustrating

Calling customer service does nothing, they go out and reset it somewhere out of our development, it happens again and no one seems to be able to put it all together. What is even more maddening is my next door neighbor still has a landline too and has no issues so if it were old lines and equipment wouldn't they be affected too

Verizon giving a run around, does not want landlines anymore

And no, FIOS is not available here either

0 Likes
Cryo_Guy

Same problem here on both ends:  Lost phone service when the rains started + web site was circular, impossible to navigate.

Similar user experience:  Chat with a live Verizon agent doesn't work for us.  They tell you they don't handle repairs or repair scheduling. 

In the spirit of LawrenceC, here's the finally worked for me:

1.  If you have a way of doing it, call 1-800-837-4966. 

2.  The telephone service starts with a long voice recognition tree with the lowest quality voice that I've ever heard.  Keep saying "Operator" until you get a live agent. 

3.  Be polite and cheerful.  (You can do it!)  Explain the no dial tone.  Mention weather as appropriate. 

Sometimes the operator will warn you that the problem might be inside your house and your repsonsiblity.  That's never been the case for me.  Unless you've recently flooded something or skillsawed through a wall, insist on a repair visit.

I am now in the repair queue.  A Verizon tech will visit my house within the next nine days to restore phone service.

0 Likes