I need help with porting question
Jd_md
Enthusiast - Level 1
I currently have the double play (tv and Internet). My contract is up and I want to upgrade to the triple play. I am having some difficulty. I want to port my vonage number over to a triple play package. One person says I cannot. Another says they can put in the request after I sign up. Can verizon handle this request? Broad stripe states they can do it. Comcast also says no problem. Verizon wireless says it could port the number as well.

Can someone help me?
0 Likes
Re: I need help with porting question
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I moved my phone service 2 years ago from Vonage to Verizon.  The number I have was originally a Verizon Number before I moved it to Vonage initially.

Did you call or are you trying it online?  When I had the port done, I was told yes and the day the service was turned on, a tech came to the house to move the wiring over and then they ported the phone over immediately.

So, the folks that said yes and no, did you speak to someone from VZ or someone else?

Jim

0 Likes
Re: I need help with porting question
Jd_md
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks for your response. I tried both online and voice. I get different answers. I read online that the system may need the original address I used to acquire the number. I have that so this should not be a problem. I cannot understand why vz wireless, Walmart wireless and the other phone companies say yes. I ask vz for help to upgrade from a double to triple play, I get some grief.

I will try again.

Johnny
0 Likes