Inside Wire Maintenance
mrsortiz429
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to get the line outside my home repaired. It was cut a while back. I know it seems like a no-brainer, but does the inside wire maintenance plan cover this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Inside Wire Maintenance
specials1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Normally, any segment of wiring past NID would equal a chargable visit unless one has wire maintnence plan.

That would include the beige wire that you're referring to - as it's on yours (customer's) side of the NID.

View solution in original post

tns
Master - Level 2

Outside up to the Network interface device (copper wiring) or ONT (FIOS), is always Verizon's responsibility.

mrsortiz429
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Outside up to the Network interface device (copper wiring)..."

And the beige wire that leads from the interface to the jack (inside the home)? Is that included?

0 Likes
specials1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Normally, any segment of wiring past NID would equal a chargable visit unless one has wire maintnence plan.

That would include the beige wire that you're referring to - as it's on yours (customer's) side of the NID.

mrsortiz429
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thank you both for replying. 🙂

0 Likes
ramo1

How do I get it removed from my bill. I checked all over the site and can not find the option.

0 Likes
ract
Contributor - Level 1

@tns wrote:

Outside up to the Network interface device (copper wiring) or ONT (FIOS), is always Verizon's responsibility.

What about the wire between the Network interface device and the ONT; in my case, about 40 feet?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yours.

0 Likes
ract
Contributor - Level 1

There is one problem with me taking on that task.  While I can open up the ONT and move wires at will, this is not true for the Network interface device (NID).   The wires connecting the ONT to the NID terminate in a section of the NID that is sealed off by Verizon.  I could probably get it open, but Verizon probably would not be happy.

@tns_2 wrote:

Yours.

0 Likes