Is there a tool to price a long distance call?
nitpicker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a tool somewhere on the Verizon site where I can see how much I would be charged for a long distance call? This would be for state-to-state calls. There is no ling distance plan on the line, I just want to know how much a few calls would be. Do all calls vary by location and time of day? Can I figure this out in advance?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a tool to price a long distance call?
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

free ,home landline and cell phone too.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

manhattanNYC: Not everyone has an unlimited calling plan.  nitpicker appears to be one of them.

nitpicker: I've not been able to find any long distance rates on Verizon's web site.  It's been a long time since I worried about long distance costs as I've had unlimited calling plans for many years, but as I recall rates for calls made with out a pre-existing plan in place were high, but not unreasonable.  You could always call Verizon and ask them.

There may also be some of the 10-10 dial around long distance services still in existence. You should be able to find some info on them on the web.  Sorry, I don't recall any names but a google for "long distance service" or similar should help.

You could also look into the cost of switching your line to an unlimited plan.  "Freedom Essentials" is the plan Verizon pushes most these days.  Depending on what features you have on your phone today, it may or may not be better for you.

If you really don't use your phone that much but want to keep your number, keep costs down, and if you have a broadband Internet connection, you should look into VoIP services.  Companies like OOMA and Vonage are quite popular and much lower cost than a traditional phone line.  Might be worth it for you.

Good Luck.

nitpicker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the thorough reply. I really appreciate it. I had already tried calling Verizon and asking for the calling rates but could not get a satisfactory answer. I called three different agents and received four different replies. Ended up adding the Verizon Five Cents calling plan as the simplest solution.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

to gsOb  you are so professional, I learn many from you, thanks.

0 Likes