• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
jesseca925
0 Kudos

Landline not working

This morning my landline was working fine. I went to work and about 4pm I tried calling my house and I kept getting a busy single, which is weird because we have call waiting. I came home tried to use the phone and got nothing but dead air, no dial tone, nothing. My landlord's landline is working fine and she has verizon as well. Please help!

ElizabethS
0 Kudos

Re: Landline not working

Do you have copper lines or FiOS service?

Contributor
tired
0 Kudos

My landline has static on it or an extra dial tone.  I went outside to check the box (as instructed on Verizon Website for trouble shooting).  When I opened up my box, wires and I guess the breaker came out and were hanging down.  (We had a technician out recently(for modem service), I guess he did not secure it back.)  Anyway I called Verizon repair.  I am very disappointed that I have to wait 8 days for a repair technician to come.  I was curious if this is typical of Verizon system wide, or just in my area.  I AM VERY THANKFUL THAT I STILL HAVE INTERNET SERVICE!!!  I am trying not to be frustrated, however, you don't realize how much you use your land line phone until you don't have it.  Also, I have lousy Verizon Cell Phone service here so that really isn't an option either.  (I live in an area with poor cell phone service - not just Verizon)

Employee Emeritus
VZ_Javier
0 Kudos

Dear jesseca925, 

I am sorry about your landline service being down.  Has it been fixed?  Have you called Tech Support?  Has a technician been sent out to your home? 

Javier
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411