Landline solicitations
SwithToComcast

So we pay about $15/month for a landline. For years, and from day one, we've been trying to get cold-calls stopped to no avail. Verizon is no help. At times we got up to 60 calls per day. They refuse to let us cancel without a $60 penalty. Our contract is up in July. My solution, and I hope many of you follow me if you're as **bleep** at them as we are? We permanently forwarded our phone to the office of the CEO at Verizon. I'm hoping he get's 60 messages a day from our wonderful callers. We'll be switching to Comcast for internet service and dropping our phone completely the very day our contract expires. Good luck {please keep your posts courteous} at Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Landline solicitations
PJL
Master - Level 3

@SwithToComcast wrote:

So we pay about $15/month for a landline. For years, and from day one, we've been trying to get cold-calls stopped to no avail. Verizon is no help. At times we got up to 60 calls per day. They refuse to let us cancel without a $60 penalty. Our contract is up in July. My solution, and I hope many of you follow me if you're as **bleep** at them as we are? We permanently forwarded our phone to the office of the CEO at Verizon. I'm hoping he get's 60 messages a day from our wonderful callers. We'll be switching to Comcast for internet service and dropping our phone completely the very day our contract expires. Good luck {please keep your posts courteous} at Verizon.

Not Call Registry?  This would stop calls from those callers complying with the law, but increasingly companies are using illegal processes to call large blocks of numbers using computer systems that likely include spoofing caller ID information with invalid numbers.  Verizon can do nothing about this, and you'll have the same issue with any phone provider. 

You can minimize unwanted calls by having an unlisted number (both non-punlished and non-listed) and registering it on the National Do-Not Call Registry (www.donotcall.gov).  But this will not stop the calls until technology is implemented in the national phone system that stops invalid caller-ID information and the use of automated phone dialers that call blocks of calls (1,000 or more) simultaneously, or callers start complying with the law.

0 Likes