Lifeline services dropped - no reply to recertification
Phyllis87

It appears there are many others who have experienced this.  I never received the recertification and when I called, the phone representatives said they had nothing to do with the process.  Then I found the Lifeline page on the Verizon page (so Verizon surely does have something to do with it, contrary to the information provided by the customer service representatives on the phone).  So I completed it, faxed it to the number on the form with proof of eligibility, and my account has not been corrected.  I am 87 years old, and Verizon is billing me for a much higher amount and will not correct the account. 

0 Likes
Re: Lifeline services dropped - no reply to recertification
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Phyllis87,

Sorry you are having difficulty. For this issue, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

my mother, uncle, aunt and my friend, all of them  (4) people did not received any warning letter,  lifeline service dropped, they fax the forms to Verizon lifeline office, I was told it should be take 3 or 4 weeks, but you must pay the bill first, ortherwise will charge late payment charge $5.00,  Good luck.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

p.s.   TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, anybody , please do not delete my above message,

0 Likes
bkl227

Me too.  Verizon removed the lifeline support without notification this month.  Called verizon suport and gave me a phone nume did not work.  Please have an agent contact me.  Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bkl227,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Hi BK1227 & LIFELINE SEERVICE

do your self, download Application for Verizon Lifeline Service (????state)  fax or mail  the forms to verizon lifeline service office, wait about 3-4 weeks for adjustment, but PAY the currant bill first, avoid late payment charge $5.oo, that is the onlyway you must do.  good luck.

0 Likes
Phyllis87

No one ever contacted me, as you said they would.

0 Likes
Phyllis87

I checked my email and someone did send an application for Life Line.  So apparantly Verizon is ignoring the fact that this exact form was already sent in with proof of elgibility.  Verizon refuses to process this and took my money against the government rules.  They just keeping sending the form again, and consider that assistance.  Quite disappointed that Verizon would take money from an 87-year old on a limited income when the application and proof has been submitted.

0 Likes
259CHESTNUT

My brothers landline has had his lifeline dropped also, even though I sent the recertification in on time. I have called Verizon twice to get this resolved and they say that it is not their company (Verizon) that has anything to do with it. They gave me different numbers to try, which all said the recertification period is over, via a computer type response. I was not able to talk to a real live person.

Apparently there is not a place or person to talk to where one can find out what happened to their recertification application.

I owuld be willing to talk to Verizon again, but don't want to keep going in circles with this.

0 Likes