Lost Main Landline Number During Porting Out Secondary Distinct Ring Number
NEEDNUMBERBACK

I have a serious issue. I recently ported out a secondary number on my account that was on the distict ring service to verizon wireless. The port went though with no problems but  for whatever reason it cancelled my whole account including the main number that i have had for 36 years. I called verizon and was told I would have to set up a new account and i could get my number back. Well i did get a new account and a new number, but not my original one i wanted  I have call back over ten times and recieved over ten different answers. I can not understand why it so hard to pull a cancelled number back and reactivate it. I have thousands of contacts with this number from all over the United States and there is no way to explain the amount of problems this has created. Can someone point me in the right direction or help?  I have read other posts that its lost forever and that is unacceptable. There is no way you can tell me that this number can"t be retrieved and reactivated. Please help, its been a week of total misery with this issue and I need it resolved ASAP. Thank s in advance for any replies or help.

0 Likes
Re: Lost Main Landline Number During Porting Out Secondary Distinct Ring Number
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible

0 Likes
NEEDNUMBERBACK

Here is the most recent reply i have received from Verizon

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Verizon. I have received your email dated December 7th regarding your telephone number. My name is Patricia, and I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry for the difficulties that you have experienced.

Unfortunately we cannot assist you with this issue.

You will need to contact the Sales office at (800) 837-4966. As soon as the service is established again they will be able to contact telephone assignment and if your telephone number is still available they can do a change order for you to change the number.
Your records indicate the number was disconnected on November 30th so you should be able to get the same telephone number back
The department to which we have referred you will be able to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Patricia
Verizon eCenter

*****Simplify your life. Cut the clutter and help the environment with paperless billing!*****

I established new service and called in to request a number change to get my number back. I was told i would have to wait 90 days before its available. I total understand why numbers are held for a period of time before they are re-issued but what i cant understand is why i simply cant have my number back since i was the original owner. You cant tell me that someone at Verizon does not have the power to access these numbers and get my number back for me. I know its not the norm and the computer says its locked away but please put this in front of someone with the power to do something about it. I was also told my original post was being moved to an employee monitored board. I have not recieved any calls emails or anything whatsoever. The above email was sent in before I posted to this forum for help. Please have someone contact me{edited for privacy} ASAP. Thank you.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

{You have received information in your private message box -- > . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes
pat_francis

Ran into the same problem while upgrading to FIOS Voice.  Had a 2nd phone number with distinctive ring.  After the upgrade the 2nd number would ring busy.  Was told the number could not be transferred and I needed a NEW 2nd phone number.  After much disussion and being told there was no way to get the old number back, had to agree to a new 2nd phone number with distinctive ring.  Not thrilled...

0 Likes