Loud Feedback noise on FIOS Phone Lines
scardali

As others have stated, I've got very loud feedback on our home line (FIOS phone).  

I had the noise either immediately or shortly after FIOS was initially installed, but after fiddling around with the jack the patch connects to (actually think it's a CAT5 UTP patch instead of old RJ11 type cable) the noise went away for the better part of 4 years.  Now in the last few weeks, the noise has returned and no such luck after fiddling.

I've tested out at the ONT with an analog phone via the test ports and I do not have the background noise but I do have the noise at the first jack the patch from the ONT connects to, so I'm thinking it has to be that patch.   What I'd like to do is simply crimp an RJ11 connector onto the two wires screwed into the back of the wall plate but there are two clear loops of some sort crimped on two of the wires that I can only assume are line filters??   

(1)  Any ideas on what I can do myself to further troubleshoot and/or correct the problem?  (2) Should I need to call Verizon in for assistance in repairing the condition, will I be responsible if the problem exists at the patch between the ONT and the first inside jack which was part of the original installation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Loud Feedback noise on FIOS Phone Lines
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Everything inside the house from the ONT RJ11 "phone jack" on the customer side fo the box is your responsibility.   It it works at the ONT, then the problem is in your wiring -- rewire it yourself or have a competent contractor do it for you -- it's just regular two-wire phone service at that point inside your home and there's nothing "special" about it because it happens to be FiOS.

0 Likes
Re: Loud Feedback noise on FIOS Phone Lines
scot1745

getting others calss feedback on my line.

0 Likes