Moving Locally Can I Keep My Phone Number
MGaehring

Hi Everyone,

I'll be moving back in with my parents this coming January.  They live one town over and are in the same area code (856)xxx-xxxx, will I be able to transfer my current land line number to their account as an additional number?  We are both on FIOS Digital Voice.  Thanks for your help!

-- Matt

0 Likes
Re: Moving Locally Can I Keep My Phone Number
minded
Contributor - Level 1

Fios Digital Voice is the magic phrase.  Since both numbers are already with Verizon, it should be (relatively) easy.  The line where that number is now first needs to be disconnected, and it then can be reconnected at the new address.

0 Likes
minded
Contributor - Level 1

The above is if you plan on having service in your parents' names.  Otherwise, it would be a move order, which may complicate things, seeing that there is already service at the address.

0 Likes
MGaehring

I am planning on putting the service under my parent's name.  I just want to move my number under their service plan.  I'm going to call Verizon today to find out more info because I'd also like to bring my HD DVR along with me.

0 Likes
minded
Contributor - Level 1

If you're not tied to that particular piece of equipment and what's on the hdd, I would suggest just returning that dvr with the rest of your equipment and having your parents order a new one.  I don't see it going smoothly if you want to keep that serial number.

0 Likes