Re: My Outgoing Caller ID Name is Incorrect
Curt60
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a number of false paths, I got onto 'Live Chat', initially as a technical support issue.  The technician said access to my billing records was needed and then transferred me to a 'billing expert'.  The billing person acknowledged the problem and submitted a report to get the problem fixed within 24 hours.  I will have to wait 24 hours to see if the Caller ID issue is actually fixed, but I am happy to say the problem was addressed quickly once I got to the right area.

My Caller Id was mysteriously changed to 'Med Shop' a few months ago.  The Verizon agent said the number used to belong to Med Shop, but I responded that I have had my number for over 40 continuous years!  No explanation but hopefully my problem will be fixed.  At least I now have a Chat ID to refer to.

For all the criticism I read about Verizon not addressing the general problem of an incorrect outgoing Caller ID, I have to say Verizon responded well.  My criticism would be that the Verizon support pages did not easily lead me to the proper person.

0 Likes
Curt60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update:

Verizon was not able to fix my Caller ID on the first try nor on the second try.  Both times the agents were very confident the problem was fixed.  However, the problem still existed today when calling a neighbor, but did not exist an hour later when calling a local restaurant!!  Now what??  I suspect this problem may be larger than Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: After subscribe to FIOS my Outgoing Caller ID Name was changed to "Unknown"
oemar01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried calling from Northern Virginia {edited for privacy} it said can not reach.

After subscribe to FIOS Verizon change my caller ID to Unknown, so the recipient consider it as Junk call.

Asking Verizon to change it is tremendous effort, chatting about one hour goes to nowhere from Sales -> Technical Support -> Billing -> Business Office etc.

All I need is the original name before I subscribe to Verizon FIOS or just display the number, apparently the mechanism to do that is not available easily, I thought I should be able to do that from the Web.

0 Likes
Re: After subscribe to FIOS my Outgoing Caller ID Name was changed to "Unknown"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi oemar01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jjgoodwin3
Enthusiast - Level 3

After over 4 years Verizon finally fixed the issue of someone else's name on my account. And it was a quick fix after I detailed the issue with specific webpage information.  I was very surprised that after getting the runaround several times, it was magically easy to fix... after 4 years.  An email exchange seemed to do the trick with detailed explanations. I was informed that a trouble ticket was opened and would be closed when the issue was resolved, I thought this would be a black hole. But it worked. 

Oh, I still get snail mail for the person Verizon mistakenly put on my caller ID, and her name shows up attached to my phone and address on google searches. I guess once you get linked to a phone/address it lasts forever.

0 Likes