My Outgoing Caller ID is incorrect NAME and People aren't answering my calls
NewFIOSAug2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is very unfortunate that basic processes that should be reliable for Verizon customers apparently are not.

I have been having difficulty with my outgoing calls not being answered. It turns out that someone else's name is attached to my outgoing caller ID.

I had Verizon landline previously and recently switched to FIOS triple play. My phone number is the same number it has been for 14 years. But then my calls started going unanswered. The numbers I am calling are relatives I have always called and also have Verizon service so it can't be blamed on another provider. I called the tech support and they were unable to help.  They just said my name was correct on my account so my caller ID should be ok and according to them, it is.  Well, it is not.

I have now sent an email to their tech support to see if someone else can give me a different and correct answer on how to fix it.

I am keeping a list documenting the problems I am having with FIOS installation and it is not pretty. It took numerous calls just to get my Voicemailbox set-up.  The same is true for this issue.

Can anyone advise what it takes to fix this or if it is possible to change my caller ID so it is correct?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Outgoing Caller ID is incorrect NAME and People aren't answering my calls
NewFIOSAug2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

A similar thing happened in my case that I started getting mail in the family's name as if I was a new resident.  I also looked up my phone number on the white pages and found the family's names under my phone number and address. At that point I became concerned and thought I might have an identity theft issue.

I went online and tracked my order status via support. It is supposed to be fixed today.  It came up automatically without me having to enter my order ticket number. It shows installation, my 11 day ordeal trying to get my voicemailbox established, and now this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Outgoing Caller ID is incorrect NAME and People aren't answering my calls
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Check these contacts.  Pretty sure Verizon needs to reset it for you on their end.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Try again here.

Have you tried the Contact Us page. If you select Call Us, they have chat session support during certain hours. I have known the hold que for support on the phone to be anywhere from 15-45 minutes or more.

The Online Chat support shows available right now from my zip code. You may want to try that. They have helped me before.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

0 Likes
NewFIOSAug2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

I tried Chat for Phone Service.  They said I would have to try back after 9am to reach FIOS chat. I called back and contacted FIOS Tech Support.  They said the account had been mixed up according to a group called DBAC who does caller id.  I would need to contact another billing group. I had them transfer the Chat, this seemed to be a Billing Tech support(their phone was 800-688-2880. They said a repair order would need to be written.  They did this and provided a tracking number.

marykay25

I'm having the same issue.  I called customer service 2 weeks ago and was given a ticket number.  I called back yesterday and the woman told me that she'd have to talk to the caller id dept today and would call me back but I haven't heard from her yet.  Here is what is worrying me about all this.  We have an unlisted number but I'm getting mail sent to my house in this other woman's name!  What is worse is that a bill collector called for this person yesterday!  I went to anywho.com and did a reverse phone lookup and this woman's name and my address is appearing.  I'm wondering if/when they fix my caller id, if it will fix the fact that my unlisted number with my address and someone else's name is now showing up in public records. 

0 Likes
NewFIOSAug2010
Enthusiast - Level 3

A similar thing happened in my case that I started getting mail in the family's name as if I was a new resident.  I also looked up my phone number on the white pages and found the family's names under my phone number and address. At that point I became concerned and thought I might have an identity theft issue.

I went online and tracked my order status via support. It is supposed to be fixed today.  It came up automatically without me having to enter my order ticket number. It shows installation, my 11 day ordeal trying to get my voicemailbox established, and now this.

0 Likes
Wants2csunshine

I had Fios installed on 8/9 and was told I could keep my number from TWCNY. 

When they installed, they said that the order was not processed that way and they would temporarily link my old one to the new one.  Similar to you, people are not answering my calls.  I've been on the phone iwth 16 different people on 16 different times with Verizon and each time have had to repeat my issue and start over.  And, each time, they blame TWCNY or the Porting Department or someone else. 

I tried this weekend and couldn't even speak to a real person, and now I have been on hold since 4:45 and it is 5:24PM to speak with this "porting" department. 

Its unfortunate that they can't get their customer service together because they have decent products when they work.

I'm seriously considering switching back to TWCNY.  This is not worth it in the long run.

Good luck with your issues and post if you find a solution.

0 Likes
Wants2csunshine

Same thing here as I continue to wait on my old number.

Now I am getting mail and bill collector calls. 

0 Likes
nooch11

i'm having the same problem...fios was installed on 8/6.  i figured verizon would have figured it out and corrected it, but that didn't happen...did an online chat with support on 8/18.  they said it would be corrected within 48 hours.  5 days later and it's still messed up.  a repair ticket was created...was able to access it last week, but now it's gone...

i'm also getting mail and phone calls for this other person...EXTREMELY frustrating...

0 Likes
nooch11

@NewFIOSAug2010 - i see that this thread says your problem was "solved".  your last post just said it was supposed to be fixed that day...was it?  how many days did it take?

0 Likes