My caller ID tag is wrong
TVotapka

Anyone know how I can edit my caller ID tag? Whenever we make an outbound call, my son's name comes up on the other person's panel.

0 Likes
Re: My caller ID tag is wrong
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I suggest you call VZ FIOS Support (1800verizon).  Who's name is the phone service in?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well a couple things. 

Check your phone number caller ID info and how it displays at www.tnid.us

If it displays correctly, then try to think about who see's your name incorrectly.  Are they verizon customers, or comcast, maybe even put their numbers in the same website and see if you notice that it's one company only versus another?

if it's verizon to verizon calls that are messing up, then you should call in and have them fix it.

If it's Verizon to another company, then your friend needs to call and have his company update their records

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs

I went to the link you provided and it does not show how the CID is displayed.  It shows the identity of the providing phone company but not the CID.

Jim

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

refresh the page - sometimes it does that, but if you refresh it displays for me.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you try another name does it show?  For me, or anyone else it never displays the persons name.  Maybe you added your name?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

never added my name,  maybe try a different browser, or google a local best buy or store that would have cid info.   if your looking up cell's, then most cells block cid info by default.

i've used it on my own number, and i won't share it here, but my cell just shows up as wireless caller, but my home phone displays correct. and i just googled this best buy out by my place and it shows.     And between you and me, i had a friend that he thought his wife was cheating on him, and we popped the number in that site, and got the cid info and general city.   Lucy had some 'splainin to do....

True story.  Honest

tnID Database Record For 714-434-xxxx

Caller ID: BEST BUY

Current Telephone Company:

Pacific Bell

Original Telephone Company:
Pacific Bell

Original Telephone Company Type:
Regional Bell Operating Company (RBOC)

Estimated City:
Santa Ana

Estimated Region:
California

Estimated Postal Code:

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

ciddb.com lets you do a few of those queries a day too, so maybe if one doesn't work try the other. 

0 Likes