NEED HELP DEACTIVATING PARENTAL CONTROLS ON TV SETTOP BOX SO I CAN ASSESS MY CALL LOGS
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I recently got Verizon Digital Voice for some reason when it came on I must have hit a wrong button. I do not need parental controls in my home I have no children.  Now I cannot get my Voice Logs, etc. to show on TV.  I put in my password and entered no parental controls but it still will not allow me to see my phone logs, etc.  I have read the Verizon Digital Voice Instruction Manual but it does not say any thing about this issue.

Can someone please help me! I need to deactivate the parental control service; so I can assess my call logs, etc. Please send me step by step instructions.

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEED HELP DEACTIVATING PARENTAL CONTROLS ON TV SETTOP BOX SO I CAN ASSESS MY CALL LOGS
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

(I just disconnected the settop box plug only)  You can leave the TV on.  

Then I  plugged the settop box plug back in- when it reloads go back to menu (click on)  digital voice parental controls it should ask you again (yes or No) 

if you want to put parental controls on then you would hit yes or no.  I hit no as I do not have any need for parental control. 

I just wish you did not have to click yes or no each time when you go to view your call logs etc.  I hope this was helpful I found this info on another log.

View solution in original post

Re: NEED HELP DEACTIVATING PARENTAL CONTROLS ON TV SETTOP BOX SO I CAN ASSESS MY CALL LOGS
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I figured it out.  Cancel this post. Thank you.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

How did you do it,just in case I do the same thing. I found something for parental controls for TV channels,  but not phone .

Holly1

0 Likes
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

(I just disconnected the settop box plug only)  You can leave the TV on.  

Then I  plugged the settop box plug back in- when it reloads go back to menu (click on)  digital voice parental controls it should ask you again (yes or No) 

if you want to put parental controls on then you would hit yes or no.  I hit no as I do not have any need for parental control. 

I just wish you did not have to click yes or no each time when you go to view your call logs etc.  I hope this was helpful I found this info on another log.

Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the info. I thought unplugging the STB might be the answer. However, once I set my STBs to No Parental Control, I'm never asked that question again.

Holly

0 Likes