New Digital Voice - Voicemail Gone - NO help
dnorlin1

Renewed contract for 2 years and was "upgraded" to digital voice yesterday.  Set up voicemail as instructed - seemingly no issues.

Voicemail does not work.  Tried leaving messages with cell many times - no messages.  The calls are recorded as calls, although not missed calls.  Set gretting, but do not get the greeting set - only the standard one.

Tried leaving email about phone problem - NOT ALLOWED.  Must use chat.  Waited for 15 minutes but apparently Verizon is not very chatty.  Left email about phone installation, since it was not completed. No reponse in 1.5 days.

I would appreciate some response from Verizon somehow, at least tell me how to speak to someone about the problem.

0 Likes
Re: New Digital Voice - Voicemail Gone - NO help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

There is an email option on this page
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I am not from Verizon, but did you set up the voicemail box accessing the mailbox using method below?

Your new voice mail access # is 1-888-2FiOSVM (1-888-234-6786) - your initial pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Add your account manager link www.verizon.com/fiosvoice to your bookmarks

Look at the FAQs for more information at www.verizon.com/fiosvoicefaqs

Also remember you should be able access your voicemail while at home using *86.

0 Likes
dnorlin1

Elizabeth,

There is an email contact option at that link, but if support is selected as the main category, the only subcategories available are for disabled help or questions regarding order status.  Technical help questions just redirect your browser to the FAQ page.

Mark,

I appreciate your reply - I did set up the voicemail as described.  Everything seemed to go fine.  I get options on the webpage you sent the link for to change my greeting, change options etc.  The call log even works, although none of the calls are listed as "missed" even though they are.  When I call my home phone using my cell, the automated greeting comes on, I try to leave a message but it is not available for me either via the webpage or the phone number sent on my activation email (that I used to set it up).

I seems there is something wrong with the setup that Verizon must fix, unfortunately it's very hard to get that message through to them. In this day and age, one would think that any company would have enough quality control to check to see if the new product sold to me actually works.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Try the live chat or call us feature on the right side of this page. Unless there is an open repair order, order status will not help.

I would contact tech support from the live chat first because it may be faster. Or try the Call Us and get tech support.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/contactus.htm

At different times on the forums, Moderators and Employees online may very. You will find many customers that will try to help, but some things only Verizon can fix.

0 Likes
dnorlin1

Thanks Mark.  I tried chat yesterday but there was no responce for a long time.  Prior to today, I was attempting to get the phone number for help through the phone support page and the website responded with "service not available.".  Today I found the number by going through FIOS support rather than phone support.  I called and after 40 minutes on the phone, the issue was identified as a problem on Verizon's end.  They promised a fix in 40 hours, but hopefully today. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

dnorlin,

Have you tried the troubleshooter?  If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

dbdb1

A fix in 40 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What happened?

0 Likes