Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Nickel Contributor
ronzie
0 Kudos

No Caller ID on some incoming calls

[ Edited ]

For the last week or so I have been receiving at least six calls per day that display no information whatsoever on any of my caller ID displays. They don't say "UNAVAILABLE" or "PRIVATE", they are just blank, with no number displayed, either.

I tried calling my landline with my cellphone, and it did display the correct information for that call.

I tried the Caller ID troubleshooter on my set top box, and it sends a fake ID to the set top box, but it doesn't make the phone line ring, so none of the phones display the test ID.

I have recently switched from Verizon Freedom Essentials to Verizon Digital Voice.

edit:

Just checked the call log at Verizon's web site, and the two calls that came in today that showed no info on my caller id boxes or phones DID get logged as "UNAVAILABLE" on the "Calls and Messages" page.

Nickel Contributor
bonibee
0 Kudos

Re: No Caller ID on some incoming calls

Same issue here.  Before switching to digital voice, all callers names not only showed up but were announced on my phones.  Now,most local calls have no name, but show up as "Out of Area" or "Unavailable".  And Out of Area is many times someone in my local area code across the street from me!  Weird.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411