No Dial Tone & Customer Service
WhyTheFuss
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past month, the dial tone on my home phone keeps going out sporadically for hours at a time.

Today the phone has been out for over 24 hours to where I can't even reach Verizon customer service by phone. I have contacted customer service by chat on several occasions and I will only describe the experience as extremely aggravating.

The customer service on chat told me that they would send a technician out for repair BUT my scheduled visit would be cancelled if I did not answer the phone to confirm. How would it be possible for me to confirm a technician by phone when my phone is out ?????

This is the second time Verizon is sending someone out in under a week and I am not even sure if the technician will show up this time.

I explained to the customer service at least 3 times that my home phone was my only contact number, yet he insisted my appointment would be cancelled if I did not answer the phone before the technician is due to arrive. I asked him to send a confirmation by e-mail, he said okay, but I have only received a general notification.

How exactly does this process make any sense at all? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Dial Tone & Customer Service
WhyTheFuss
Enthusiast - Level 1

My second time  with customer service on chat was great. They ensured a technician would show up and it actually happened at the time I was given. The technician was helpful and polite and I'm hoping my phone service will stay on from now on. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to really see what happens, but I'm satisfied for now.

Good employees at Verizon actually exist and they do make a difference. Hope Verizon treats them right.

View solution in original post

Re: No Dial Tone & Customer Service
WhyTheFuss
Enthusiast - Level 1

My second time  with customer service on chat was great. They ensured a technician would show up and it actually happened at the time I was given. The technician was helpful and polite and I'm hoping my phone service will stay on from now on. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to really see what happens, but I'm satisfied for now.

Good employees at Verizon actually exist and they do make a difference. Hope Verizon treats them right.