No dial tone, and no-show service tech
mastiff388

On October 24th, I was on a call (on my residential land line) when suddenly I heard a noise that sounded similar to the clicking that a rotary dial phone would make.  The person I was speaking to also heard it.  After this, I was able to faintly hear another conversation going on.  I ignored it and finished my call.  Later that day, I was away from the house and called to check messages on my answering machine (I don't use voice mail).  Played my messages, everything worked fine.  But since I was expecting an important call, I tried again an hour later.  This time, I got a busy signal.  Kept calling back for half an hour, and kept getting a busy signal.  After I got home, I checked all the phones - none were off the hook, and none had a dial tone - and I also took a phone outside and plugged it into the Verizon box on the back of my house, where I still got no dial tone.

Called Verizon from my cell phone, which is often unreliable where I live.  I was told that the soonest someone could get here would be October 27th.  Great, 3 days without a land line and with an unreliable cell phone.  I accepted the appointment ("sometime between 8 AM and 5 PM" - yeah, that really narrows it down for me!)...  took an unpaid day off work, which I truly cannot afford, rescheduled several appointments, and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  At 4:20 PM today, October 27, I called Verizon and got the message that I was expecting - no one would be coming today.  Something about not paying overtime for the techs, and we'll come tomorrow instead.

Are you kidding me?  It's ok for me to lose not one, but TWO days' pay now, and you can't pay a tech for one freaking hour of overtime to come fix my phone when YOU said you'd have someone here?  I can't afford ONE day without pay, let alone TWO.  And seriously, can't you try to break down the schedule a bit so that you can give me at least a 4 hour window, rather than a 9 hour window?  I could have at least worked half of the day today!

So now, because of YOUR scheduling problems and unwillingness to pay someone a little overtime in order to satisfy a long-time customer and stick with the schedule that YOU agreed to, I'm out two days pay, I'm 4 days without a land line, and I've got to reschedule an appointment that I'd already waited several weeks for, because I sat on my butt here at my house for 9 hours waiting for someone who was never going to show up.  Verizon, what do you plan to do to keep me as a customer when this is all said and done?  And if I do stay, how do you plan to guarantee that I won't get a raw deal like this again?

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone, and no-show service tech
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@mastiff388 wrote:

On October 24th, I was on a call (on my residential land line) when suddenly I heard a noise that sounded similar to the clicking that a rotary dial phone would make.  The person I was speaking to also heard it.  After this, I was able to faintly hear another conversation going on.  I ignored it and finished my call.  Later that day, I was away from the house and called to check messages on my answering machine (I don't use voice mail).  Played my messages, everything worked fine.  But since I was expecting an important call, I tried again an hour later.  This time, I got a busy signal.  Kept calling back for half an hour, and kept getting a busy signal.  After I got home, I checked all the phones - none were off the hook, and none had a dial tone - and I also took a phone outside and plugged it into the Verizon box on the back of my house, where I still got no dial tone.

Called Verizon from my cell phone, which is often unreliable where I live.  I was told that the soonest someone could get here would be October 27th.  Great, 3 days without a land line and with an unreliable cell phone.  I accepted the appointment ("sometime between 8 AM and 5 PM" - yeah, that really narrows it down for me!)...  took an unpaid day off work, which I truly cannot afford, rescheduled several appointments, and waited.  And waited.  And waited.  At 4:20 PM today, October 27, I called Verizon and got the message that I was expecting - no one would be coming today.  Something about not paying overtime for the techs, and we'll come tomorrow instead.

Are you kidding me?  It's ok for me to lose not one, but TWO days' pay now, and you can't pay a tech for one freaking hour of overtime to come fix my phone when YOU said you'd have someone here?  I can't afford ONE day without pay, let alone TWO.  And seriously, can't you try to break down the schedule a bit so that you can give me at least a 4 hour window, rather than a 9 hour window?  I could have at least worked half of the day today!

So now, because of YOUR scheduling problems and unwillingness to pay someone a little overtime in order to satisfy a long-time customer and stick with the schedule that YOU agreed to, I'm out two days pay, I'm 4 days without a land line, and I've got to reschedule an appointment that I'd already waited several weeks for, because I sat on my butt here at my house for 9 hours waiting for someone who was never going to show up.  Verizon, what do you plan to do to keep me as a customer when this is all said and done?  And if I do stay, how do you plan to guarantee that I won't get a raw deal like this again?

0 Likes
mastiff388

First off, I just want to say that I am the original poster here, though my user name is slightly different than on my first post.

So... when I finally found out late yesterday - after sitting here waiting all day for a tech to show up - I was assured by TWO PEOPLE that I would be the first stop of the day for the tech today, October 28.  I asked if this meant that he/she would be here at 8 AM, and got the reply that "Our techs start at 8 AM."  I said "I understand that, but does that mean that someone will be at my house at 8 AM?"  I got the same reply.  In other words, they wouldn't confirm that someone would be here at 8; they would only confirm that the techs start at that time.  I already knew more problems were ahead.

Fast forward to this morning.  I'm up & waiting at 8 AM.  Then 9 AM rolls around.  Finally at 9:25, I called Verizon again to find out what's going on.  I was assured that I was "next on the list for the tech."  What happened to being FIRST on the list?  After going round & round with whoever I was speaking to, I got a manager (supposedly) on the phone.  She told me that I'd never even been put on the repair list for Thursday the 27th in the first place, even though the computer that I "spoke" to on the 24th specifically gave me a repair date of the 27th, and I even received a text message confirming it.  Anyway, this manager told me that the tech was finishing up his first service call, and he should be at my house within 10-15 minutes.  That was at 9:25 AM.  It's now 10:50 AM, and still NO TECH.  Yes folks, I'm going to lose another entire day's pay while I sit here waiting for someone who is apparently never going to show up.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A TECH TO COME FIX MY PHONE?  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, AND I'M TIRED OF HEARING APOLOGIES AND BEING ASSURED THAT ALL WILL BE WELL.  FIX MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Mastiff388 I have sent you a private message in regards to your issue.  Please reply back as soon as you can.

0 Likes