No dial tone
hpat1

I have went thru the automated service 7 times. I have unplugged all units in the house and went to the DSL wiring box outside and disconnected the DSL side, then hooked a known good dial phone up, and had NO NOISE AT all on the system. My DSL Intrenet works fine, as I am posting from it.

THE STUPID computer automated system will not LET me tell it this. It just goes thru the troubleshooting loop each time.

Can't Verizon afford a human being to talk to people like me?

Maybe the local all inclusive cable company can do better.

The problem is DEFINITELY outside my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone
sherrystanley

I'm having much the same problem.    I have had problems for the past six weeks, starting with internet that went in and out.    Two different technicians have been to my house and found solutions.   None has been permanent.   Now I have no dial tone.

Going through the recording of a phone message takes forever and someetimes I get cut off.    The online reporting doesn't work.   It doesn't take you to step two,

I finally found a live chat and someone set up a repair appointment for me ----- Sunday from 8 until 7.    Then changed it to Monday from 7 until 10.    I was trying to check to make sure and lost contact.    When I got back to live chat, I was told they couldn't make appointments.    Apparently the first chat had been a sham.   No, that was the second chat of the day.   The first told me the problem was in my phone so I went out to buy a corded phone and try that.   No luck.

Also, the technician left a number I could call locally.   I did so . . . twice in the last two days but no reply.

One of my friends went through something like this and changed companies, but we don't have much option where I live.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello hpat and sherrystanley

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sherrystanley--

Since we haven't heard back from you, we're going to go ahead and close this private support case. If you still need assistance, please create a new post.

Thank you!

Amera_VZ

0 Likes
marz3256

I am having the same issue,  I keep getting stuck on the self repair loop, i have repeated the steps over and over, switched to a new phone,etc... then it occured to me I do not work  for Verizon. I, instead pay them every month for the service I am not receiving.  I'm going back to dish network and a cell phone only.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

hpat,

We've had to close your private support case thread due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please create a public posting in this thread and we'll get right back with you.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes