No dial tone -
edwardss
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two days ago my landline stopped giving me a dial tone inside the house.  I do have a dial tone outside at the service box.
I have tried calling Verizon to schedule a repairman but the automated system asks for a call back number which I do not have because the landline is not working inside the house and I don't have cell phone coverage at home. All the automated system does is transfer me to an agent but the agent never answers because the "high volume of call".  I have waited more than 20 minutes without an answer.  Repeated calls all end up the same way.  Besides I have to stand outside at the box while on hold, which I cannot do in a rainstorm or hot sunlight.

I have tried to get help online, but every attempt to get a repairman gets no results.  All I want is to get someone to come to

the house and fix the problem.  I am 79 years old and my wife is 76.  As I said we do not have cell phone coverage either.  I need to have my phone service restored.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone -
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi edwardss,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: No dial tone -
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

If there is still an issue please let us know. At this point we have not heard back from you and will be closing the private support case. Please open a new threa if problems continue.

Josh B

0 Likes