Phone line and fax line crossed
FrustratedSusan

If I do not catch my phone within the first 4 rings, it will ring through to our fax line.  We do not have a dedicated fax line, just pay an extra fee per month to have to ability to send/received faxes.

I cannot, for the life of me, get a REAL person to talk to me.  None of the options fit my situation.  This problem has been ongoing to 4 months.  I just haven't had another 45 minutes to try to resolve the problem by calling Verizon and getting a runaround and never talk to anyone!  People try to call me and cannot even leave a message - the fax line buzzes.

Thought I could fill out an online repair form, but am getting the runaround again online.  It seems as though no one really wants to help the customer.  I have now wasted another 45 minutes trying to get to this phantom online repair form.  I pay $89.00/ mo. for phone, fax, and internet.  My husband pays $220.00 for cell phones, also from Verizon.  What the f$%@?  Can't Verizon pay for real people to help?  I'm very frustrated.  It's now midnight and I have nothing to show for my wasted time online trying, once again, to resolve this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Phone line and fax line crossed - Dedicated Fax Line Needed?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@FrustratedSusan wrote:

If I do not catch my phone within the first 4 rings, it will ring through to our fax line.  We do not have a dedicated fax line, just pay an extra fee per month to have to ability to send/received faxes ... People try to call me and cannot even leave a message - the fax line buzzes ... 

You have not stated which specific services you have, and this makes it difficult to provide specific suggestions.  If I assume you have VZ Digital Voice, then there is no need to have an additional "fax line."  See these references:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/How-do-I-order-a-fax-line/m-p/577521#M10...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/Verizon-Fax-Service/m-p/562659#M10655

It may help if I describe my system.  I have an HP "all-in-one" device that uses a standard VZ Digital Voice line to send and receive fax.   The procedure for setting up this device to do everything in the proper sequence is to set fax options on the device itself (depending obviously on your specific machine), and FiOS Digital Voice voicemail options on the Verizon pages or your phone itself (whichever is easier for you).

Provide more information and we will see if more specific answers are available.

0 Likes