Phone rings back after completing every incoming call
MichelleD2

Everytime I hang up (disconnect) from an incoming call, the phone rings back.  Sometimes upon answering there is a dial tone, other times the person I was just talking to hasnt hung up yet and is still there.

What gives?  This is super annoying!

0 Likes
Re: Phone rings back after completing every incoming call
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Michelle,

The issue that  you are experiencing is common. I have even seen this on my home phone.  There are several things that can cause this issue.

1. Phone equipment voltage can cause a ringback because if there is a  voltage issue on the phone.
  2. There could be a answering machine that is not hanging up on the other end and it will call you back .
  3. You can hang up before the person on the other end of the phone and that can cause a ringback.

Please observe those few examples and see if anything is familiar.  Please let us know what you find so that we can assist you.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
CabNY2001

I too have a Verizon home phone.  And for the past week the phone will ring after completing a call.  It sure is annoying and have never had this problem before.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you!

0 Likes