Phones haven't worked for two months now
jef3r1

This is getting ridiculous.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, what was the solution (if you ever managed to get it fixed)?

For two months now we've had intermittent phone service.  It just stops working for no reason.  Phone says "Check Tel Line" or "Line in use" even though no one's on it.

We've had THREE separate repairmen from Verizon come out.  No one has been able to fix the problem.  Last guy replaced the ONT out back and said if they don't work after that, he would escalate the repair with Verizon.  We called him to tell him it his repair didn't work.  He said he told Verizon and it was being sent to Level 2 tech support or something like that.  We waited a week...heard nothing from Verizon.  Called back the repairman.  Heard nothing back.  

Finally called Verizon ourselves and apparently no one had told them that we were having this problem still nor escalated the service ticket on our behalf as they had said they would.  We've been on the phone now with Verizon for a half an hour.  They actually tried to walk us through BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING AGAIN!  Arrrrgh!!!!  We KNOW it's not as simple as just unplugging everything!  We KNOW there's a dialtone when you plug into the box out back just not in the house (on a regular basis).  We've had a jack replaced, wires fixed, and the ONT replaced.  MOVE ON TO THE NEXT LEVEL PLEASE!!!!  

Why am I paying for phone service WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK?!!!!!

I am beyond annoyed and have had enough.  If this can't get fixed I'm seriously ready to just go back to Cox.

0 Likes
Re: Phones haven't worked for two months now
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Phones haven't worked for two months now
roetel

jef3r, you are not alone.  In my neighborhood, at least two of us are having the same problem.

VZ has replaced my ONT twice and my power supply once, to no avail.  There have been six different techs at my house and they all say the problem is at the central office.  The last tech (right now I'm waiting for #7) was on the phone for almost 2 hours in a conference call among another field tech and two CO techs.  The diagnosis was a "Bad PON Card" at the CO.  The problem stayed away for over a week, but it's back like a shiftless brother-in-law.

I've talked to the helpless desk folks so often that I now recite their troublehsooting script to them and say "I've already done all that".

#7 was originally scheduled for 8 AM today.  Then the trouble ticket was revised to say the problem was to be "resolved" by 2 PM.  It's now half-passed 3PM; no tech, no call, no e-mail, no text message and NO DIAL TONE!!

I've been very patient because I've hunted random, transient problems in all kinds of electronic equipment and know how difficult they can be to find and kill.  But I really don't understand why there is no back-up plan or alternative connection possibilities in the VZ network.  But most of all, I don't like the fact that no one seems to be able to escalate the problem above the field tech level for resoultion.  Whenever I couldn't slove a problem for one of my customers, I could always get R&D, manufacturing, field service and at least a dozen VPs together to at least give the customer alternative service until the problem was fixed.

By the way, you don't have to pay for the time your phone is out of service.  If a billing agent can't or won't help you, call your Public Utilities Commission.

When #7 gets here, I'm going to tell him to switch me back to the old twisted pair on the side of my house until they can get their ****! together....

I may switch to Clearwave for Internet service and get all my cable channels on-line and use VONAGE or some other VoIP phone service...

0 Likes