Repair time
kirk10

I just called today (Wed) because my land line is out.  Was told the earliest the repair could be made is Monday meaning I would be without phone service for 5 days.  What kind of customer service is this????????????

0 Likes
Re: Repair time
MESHKI

I posted on this forum several times within the past 3 months. My location is a landlock with Verizon monopoly. I make my living by interpreting online. Company , my employer does'nt allow for cell phone or VOIP use. We had some rain in south cal and phone line problems started , so far 3 " trouble tickets" were openned . First ticket 12/21/10 with repair for 12/22/10 , but never serviced until 1/5/2011. 2nd openned 3 days later 1/8/2011 due to static online, serviced 1/18/11. I use Verizon DSL , so kept this landline, asked TWC for a landline, spoke to my sup with permission to use the VOIP.  Recently , I had a short service loss with TWC phone, so after a long time I connected to Verizon landline, still phone of static. Blame me for being lame, for  procrastination, for not making a decision earlier, I  feel I shouldn't pay for a nonworking service.

So , delays in repair are not a new thing with Verizon. I look at your post and others, my take is that Verizon doesn't give a hoot about us.  At the most you might get your monthy bill charges back!

0 Likes
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

MESHKI & kirk

We are sorry it has taken so long to get your issues addressed and that they are still not resolved.  I have sent you both a private message so that we may get your issues taken care of.

0 Likes
notsopleased

Lucky you! My phone has been out since Monday due to an ice storm. Repair date is the same as yours. I think verizon is on spring break this week. Time to look for alternatives.

0 Likes
sickandtired1

Why is it that Verizon demands top dollar and offers such poor service. Five days without service is unacceptable. The problem exists in your line and should repaired as soon as possible. I'm sure Comcast would have a quicker response than yours. Shame,Shame

0 Likes
notsopleased

Verizon's "commitment" for repair is 12:00 PM 3/14/11. Phone has been out since 3/7/11. it is now 12:20PM, 3/14/11 and no sign of Verizon. #$%#@%^*9.

0 Likes
getsbadservice

Having lived here for 45 years, I feel like I'm in a third-world nation as my connectivity through Verizon is deplorable and now the service has gotten worse than I've ever seen it. Due to the ancient copper lines I can get no services other than basic phone and twice or three times each year (over the last 3 decades) the line goes dead, as it is right now. I have actually purchased a telephone repairman buttset just to test the interface but it's always their network panel down the road. Thank goodness for my AT&T cell phone! 

I used to get a real person when I called for help and they always fixed it with a quick wiggle to the old analog module, but now I get no assurance that any human presence is available and now I'm supposed to wait for days for them to affect another temporary repair to their functionally obsolete wiring. I may have to launch a website over this. I'll bet I can make them as miserable as they're making me. Smiley Mad

My kids only have cell phones, and maybe they're right. Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
getsbadservice

I just ordered a 

Xtreme Technologies Xlink BTTN Bluetooth Gateway

to tie our cell phones to our landline phones. (about $100 on Amazon)

I have also found I can take my phone number with me if this device works.

Maybe Verizon's aging copper lines have sent me a message with their silence!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Generally when a telephone line is out, regulations tend to be in place that mention that repairs should be attempted in a timely manner. Generally, this is within 24 hours of reporting trouble, with an extension occurring due to extenuating circumstances such as catastrophic failure of the network or due to natural phenomenon.

Those taxes you pay on your phone line are there for a reason, and it is due to regulatory purposes. If Verizon cannot repair your line in a timely manner and will not come out any sooner than 5 days, complain to your local PUC. That should get them out to repair it promptly.

0 Likes
polchenko

I totally agree with you!  I just placed a repair request and the earliest available date for a tech is next Wednesday!  Verizon doesn't care if they lose customers.

With a medical issue in our home, this is ridiculous.  

0 Likes