Repeated phone calls from Verizon Reps after requesting placement on do not call list
JW20051

I am receiving repreated calls from phone number 410-910-0621 from individuals representing themselves as Verizon.  I have repeatedly selected the option to have my number removed from Verizon's Calling List (I'm already on the National Do Not Call Registry), only to be asked a series of personal questions (number, address, etc.) in order to be placed on the list. 

Am curious as to whether or not this is a legitimate Verizon number and if these are legitimate Verizon reps.  If so, how do I get you to STOP CALLING ME!!!! other than to change my land line service company.

If it's not, who do I report this to and how?

0 Likes
Re: Repeated phone calls from Verizon Reps after requesting placement on do not call list
prisaz
Legend

@JW2005 wrote:

I am receiving repreated calls from phone number 410-910-0621 from individuals representing themselves as Verizon.  I have repeatedly selected the option to have my number removed from Verizon's Calling List (I'm already on the National Do Not Call Registry), only to be asked a series of personal questions (number, address, etc.) in order to be placed on the list. 

Am curious as to whether or not this is a legitimate Verizon number and if these are legitimate Verizon reps.  If so, how do I get you to STOP CALLING ME!!!! other than to change my land line service company.

If it's not, who do I report this to and how?

If it is Verizon and they are calling you, they should have your personal information. The only time they should ask for your personal information is to verify your identity when you call them. NEVER give out personal information to someone that calls you and says I am xxx fill in the blanks. Sounds like a phishing scam.

0 Likes
Re: Repeated phone calls from Verizon Reps after requesting placement on do not call list
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This would be the classic case of cold calling phishing. Verizon would never call up like that repeatably and then ask for personal information. The next time people call from that number, give them the two finger solute (disconnect) the moment they call 🙂

0 Likes
JW20051

Oh I don't give them the information.  Whoever they are, I've gone off on them a couple of times.  Now I just answer and let them talk to dead air.  I figure if they're going to waste my time, I'll waste some of theirs.  I've also dialed the number back a few times within a hour (you get a rep almost immediately) and then make them talk to dead air.  Is possible they've gotten the hint, not sure.  I received several calls a day prior to today.  Yesterday is when I started messing with them.  Haven't heard from them today.  

0 Likes