Re: Setting up voicemail for first time
MorrisML

Glad I found this chat thread before making my calls and chewing someone out.  I've had Verizon two weeks and am already experiencing what far too many people say about Verizon's lousy customer service.  Anyway, as suggested I called through the "New Service" prompts and talked to someone pretty quickly.  He confimed that I did not have voicemail set up...set it up for me and now all seems to be well.

The explanation he gave was quite reasonable, but Verizon's failure to tell its new customers is horribly inconvenient and annoying.  He explained that VM is not automatically set up, even if ordered, because many new customers have to "wean off" their answering machine systems.  Verizon, it seems, waits to hear from customers before adding voicemail, even though it's included in the package.

If you're having the problem indicated on this thread, it's almost guaranteed that you need to call Verizon and have them "add Voicemail" to your Fios Home Phone service.  Thanks for the tips everyone - saved me a LOT of work.

0 Likes
gator1946

how do i sent up voice mail

0 Likes
hgvarts

Turns out it's not the whole 10 digit number, just the last four digits!

Wasted so much time with this.

0 Likes